-   -   Genesi Efika MX netbook - opinions? (Maybe OT) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/539155-genesi-efika-mx-netbook-opinions-maybe-ot.html)

Itamar Reis Peixoto 06-13-2011 03:46 PM

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 4:36 AM, Zoltan Hoppar <hopparz@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Guys,
>
> I have seen this little machine, and I would like to know from the
> owners who are using it daily? What is the general opinion about it?
> Is it capable to run at least Fedora F12-F13? Or webOS?
>
> Thanks,
> Zoltan
>
> --
> PGP:* 06853DF7

yes, it works well with fedora-13, the people of panama loved my
presentation about fedora-arm in fudcon-panama

I think the people in fudcon-millan will talk about fedora-arm too.

I am using kernel + f13 image from Dennis Gilmore

http://ausil.us/smartbook/

I have both smartbook and smarttop and works very well.

------------

Itamar Reis Peixoto
msn, google talk: itamar@ispbrasil.com.br
+55 11 4063 5033 (FIXO SP)
+55 34 9158 9329 (TIM)
+55 34 8806 3989 (OI)
+55 34 3221 8599 (FIXO MG)

Randy Vice 06-14-2011 10:40 AM

Genesi Efika MX netbook - opinions? (Maybe OT)

>> I have seen this little machine, and I would like to know from the
>> owners who are using it daily? What is the general opinion about it?
>> Is it
capable to run at least Fedora F12-F13? Or webOS?

>I thought all the Genesi devices were ARM based if so you'll need an ARM
>distro with support for that specific board.
>
>Alan

EFIKA-MX is Genesi's first ARM product.* Genesi produced the Pegasos I, II, and the original EFIKA which were all PPC based.

Randy