Old 06-13-2011, 02:56 PM
"Joshua C."

Default NetworkManager cannot connect automatically to hidden network. nm-applet shows *really* big icons

After upgrading to f15 the nm-applet cannot automatically connect to
hidden wlan networks. It sees them and I can connect to them manually.
The "connect automatically" checkbox is clicked.

Another problem is that the nm-applet looks really awkward. As you can
see from the attached screenshot the icons are *really* big. Maybe
this is connected to gtk or other graphical manager. Has anyone else
seen this problem on kde? Should I file a bug report?

Old 06-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Andrew Parker

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Joshua C. <joshuacov@googlemail.com> wrote:
> After upgrading to f15 the nm-applet cannot automatically connect to
> hidden wlan networks. It sees them and I can connect to them manually.
> The "connect automatically" checkbox is clicked.
>
> Another problem is that the nm-applet looks really awkward. As you can
> see from the attached screenshot the icons are *really* big. Maybe
> this is connected to gtk or other graphical manager. Has anyone else
> seen this problem on kde? Should I file a bug report?

I get this on KDE too. I also get the icon on the system tray is
blank. There is space for it and if I click on it I get the menu, but
its not always there.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM
"Joshua C."

2011/6/13 Andrew Parker <andrewparker@bigfoot.com>:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM, Joshua C. <joshuacov@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> After upgrading to f15 the nm-applet cannot automatically connect to
>> hidden wlan networks. It sees them and I can connect to them manually.
>> The "connect automatically" checkbox is clicked.
>>
>> Another problem is that the nm-applet looks really awkward. As you can
>> see from the attached screenshot the icons are *really* big. Maybe
>> this is connected to gtk or other graphical manager. Has anyone else
>> seen this problem on kde? Should I file a bug report?
>
> I get this on KDE too. *I also get the icon on the system tray is
> blank. *There is space for it and if I click on it I get the menu, but
> its not always there.

I'll test with the lastest
NetworkManager-0.8.9997-3.git20110613.fc15.x86_64 and see if this has
been fixed. According to the changelog "- core: fix automatic handling
of hidden WiFi networks (rh #707406)" at least the first problem
should have been fixed. I've also copied the maintainer of the
package.