Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

Default Tweetdeck like Twitter client for your Fedora 14 desktop

http://fusionlinux.org/2011/06/13/tweetdeck-like-twitter-client-for-your-fedora-14-desktop/

Twitter is badly broken on Fedora 14 because all currently available
twitter clients (like pino, qwit and mitter) don’t work with oauth
bazed twitter authorization.

Don’t fret, Turpial comes to the rescue. Turpial is twitter client
like Tweetdeck for Linux. Turpial is written in Python and aims to be
an application with low consumption of resources and integrates into
user’s desktop without sacrificing any functionality.

Turpial is awailable via fedora-updates-testing repo so to install it
follow these steps:
1. open terminal window
2. become root: su -
3. install turpial: yum install turpial --enablerepo=updates-testing

It is needles to say that Fusion Linux in next release will have
Turpial enabled by default.

Check out some other cool articles on our Fusion Linux Blog and don’t
miss Fusion Linux Forums.

--
follow me - www.twitter.com/valentt & http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com
linux, anime, spirituality, wireless, scuba, linuxmce smart home, zwave

Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Steven Stern

On 06/13/2011 08:47 AM, valent.turkovic@gmail.com wrote:
> http://fusionlinux.org/2011/06/13/tweetdeck-like-twitter-client-for-your-fedora-14-desktop/
>
> Twitter is badly broken on Fedora 14 because all currently available
> twitter clients (like pino, qwit and mitter) don�t work with oauth
> bazed twitter authorization.
>
> Don�t fret, Turpial comes to the rescue. Turpial is twitter client
> like Tweetdeck for Linux. Turpial is written in Python and aims to be
> an application with low consumption of resources and integrates into
> user�s desktop without sacrificing any functionality.
>
> Turpial is awailable via fedora-updates-testing repo so to install it
> follow these steps:
> 1. open terminal window
> 2. become root: su -
> 3. install turpial: yum install turpial --enablerepo=updates-testing
>
> It is needles to say that Fusion Linux in next release will have
> Turpial enabled by default.
>
> Check out some other cool articles on our Fusion Linux Blog and don�t
> miss Fusion Linux Forums.

Very nice. One request: Enable login for bit.ly so I can track my
short URLs as I do through the bit.ly toolbar.

--
-- Steve

Old 06-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Steven Stern

Old 06-15-2011, 12:59 PM
"valent.turkovic@gmail.com"

> Very nice. *One request: *Enable login for bit.ly so I can track my
> short URLs as I do through the bit.ly toolbar.
>
> --
> -- Steve

I'm not Turpial develper so any features requests should be directed
to him/them.

Cheers,
Valent.