Old 06-13-2011, 10:27 AM
Lawrence E Graves

Default Printer still not working with LibreOffice, etc.

Fedora 15 is still flushing my printer.
--
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>

Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Antonio M

2011/6/13 Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>:
> Fedora 15 is still flushing my printer.
> --
> Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>

a lot of informations from your post ;-)
I doubt that anybody can help you....at least make and model of
printer, I suggest

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM
"Christopher A. Williams"

On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 12:29 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
> 2011/6/13 Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>:
> > Fedora 15 is still flushing my printer.
> > --
> > Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>
> >

> a lot of informations from your post ;-)
> I doubt that anybody can help you....at least make and model of
> printer, I suggest

Actually - I had an offline conversation with the OP.

This is a legitimate issue. He has a printer (I believe a Brother MFC
series - don't remember which), that has been configured on F15 x86-64
on a USB port. Launching a test print job from from the Printer
Configuration applet produces a properly formatted test page.

Attempting to open and print a document from LibreOffice does nothing.
According to the system messages, the print job clearly spools to the
print queue, but the printer seems to be just flushing the print job and
doing nothing, but it is apparently not returning any errors other than
a "Successfully Printed" message (which, clearly did not happen).

I would hazard to guess that, since printing from LibreOffice to my HP
OfficeJet 6500 series printer works, that this issue may be with the way
LibreOffice and the Brother Print drivers are (not) working together.

Just a thought anyway.

Cheers,

Chris

--

======================
"Only two things are infinite,

-- Albert Einstein

Old 06-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Steven Stern

On 06/13/2011 04:31 PM, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-13 at 12:29 +0200, Antonio M wrote:
>> 2011/6/13 Lawrence E Graves<lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>:
>>> Fedora 15 is still flushing my printer.
>>> --
>>> Lawrence E Graves<lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>
>>>

>> a lot of informations from your post ;-)
>> I doubt that anybody can help you....at least make and model of
>> printer, I suggest
>
> Actually - I had an offline conversation with the OP.
>
> This is a legitimate issue. He has a printer (I believe a Brother MFC
> series - don't remember which), that has been configured on F15 x86-64
> on a USB port. Launching a test print job from from the Printer
> Configuration applet produces a properly formatted test page.
>
> Attempting to open and print a document from LibreOffice does nothing.
> According to the system messages, the print job clearly spools to the
> print queue, but the printer seems to be just flushing the print job and
> doing nothing, but it is apparently not returning any errors other than
> a "Successfully Printed" message (which, clearly did not happen).
>
> I would hazard to guess that, since printing from LibreOffice to my HP
> OfficeJet 6500 series printer works, that this issue may be with the way
> LibreOffice and the Brother Print drivers are (not) working together.
>
> Just a thought anyway.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Chris

I suppose a workaround would be to export as PDF then print from the PDF
app, but that really stinks. I had issues with libreOffice crashing
when trying to print, but some update recently seems to have fixed that.

--
-- Steve