Old 06-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Alex

Default Updating Adobe Air

Hi,
I use the Adobe Air binaries to support Pandora on my fedora14 box.
Adobe Air is displaying a message that updates are available, but
every time I try to update it, it prompts me for the root password,
then prints a message that says "Adobe AIR could not be installed.
Install either Gnome Keyring or KDE KWallet before installing Adobe
AIR." and exits.

Any idea what the issue could be here? Why does it require these
applications? I don't ever recall having any difficulty updating this
application in the past.

gnome-keyring is already installed according to rpm, but is there
something I need to do to enable it or something?

Thanks,
Alex

Old 06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Ed Greshko

> I use the Adobe Air binaries to support Pandora on my fedora14 box.
> Adobe Air is displaying a message that updates are available, but
> every time I try to update it, it prompts me for the root password,
> then prints a message that says "Adobe AIR could not be installed.
> Install either Gnome Keyring or KDE KWallet before installing Adobe
> AIR." and exits.
>
> Any idea what the issue could be here? Why does it require these
> applications? I don't ever recall having any difficulty updating this
> application in the past.
>
> gnome-keyring is already installed according to rpm, but is there
> something I need to do to enable it or something?

You said "binaries". Does this mean you don't use the Adobe repo to
keep AdobeAir updated? Using their repo would seem to be a more
friendly way.

Old 06-13-2011, 01:10 AM
Alex

Hi,

>> Any idea what the issue could be here? Why does it require these
>> applications? I don't ever recall having any difficulty updating this
>> application in the past.
>>
>> gnome-keyring is already installed according to rpm, but is there
>> something I need to do to enable it or something?
>
> You said "binaries". *Does this mean you don't use the Adobe repo to
> keep AdobeAir updated? *Using their repo would seem to be a more
> friendly way.

Yes, I hadn't realized they were available in a repo. Can you point me
to info on how to use this repo?

Thanks,
Alex

Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/13/2011 09:10 AM, Alex wrote:
> Yes, I hadn't realized they were available in a repo. Can you point me
> to info on how to use this repo?

If you go to http://get.adobe.com/air/ and select YUM as the version to
download it will download an rpm containing the adobe repo information.

After installing that, all you need to do is "yum install adobeair".