Old 06-12-2011, 06:02 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Default browser problem

In the process of messing with Thunderbird I wiped out all my
mail and had to start this thread anew.

The only way I was able to get Thunderbird to treat Chrome as
the default browser was to yum remove Firefox.

Still the initial problem remains. I may be able to configure
chrome to work right but I'm still stumbling through the
configuration menus.

If I run across a url/link in an e-mail I want to be able to
click on it and have it come up in the browser but not replace
my e-mail window! I will look at the link when I'm ready and it
should be waiting in the browser in it's own window.

Simple enough, no? I like to be in control of what my computer
does not have it force me to do things its way.

Bob