Old 06-12-2011, 04:08 PM
"Joshua C."

Default Cannot recompile grub - checking whether the C compiler works... no

As the subject says I cannot recompile grub. Everytime I get "checking
whether the C compiler works... no". I explicitely installed all
packages from http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/packages/grub/0.97/74.fc15/data/logs/x86_64/root.log
and have attached those in the packages.log file. The only thing
that's missing is the glibc32 package but it conflicts with
glibc-2.14-2.i686. As you can see from the attached build.log the
error arises in the middle of the compilation. What am I missing?