Old 06-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Gary Waters

Default gnome/XFCE desktop wallpaper problem - it won't stay!

Ok, no matter what I do I cannot change my desktop wallpaper and get it
to stay put. After the switch and once I start multitasking it switches
back to the default blue "birds in a tree" background. What the heck am
I doing wrong this time?

GW

Old 06-12-2011, 03:53 PM
BeartoothHOS

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:46:29 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:

> Ok, no matter what I do I cannot change my desktop wallpaper and get it
> to stay put. After the switch and once I start multitasking it switches
> back to the default blue "birds in a tree" background. What the heck am
> I doing wrong this time?

Did you start wallpapoz and not turn it off? It'll do that.

Old 06-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Gary Waters

On 06/12/2011 11:53 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 06:46:29 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
>
>> Ok, no matter what I do I cannot change my desktop wallpaper and get it
>> to stay put. After the switch and once I start multitasking it switches
>> back to the default blue "birds in a tree" background. What the heck am
>> I doing wrong this time?
>
> Did you start wallpapoz and not turn it off? It'll do that.

I didn't even know what that was... I will look into it. Thanks!

GW

Old 06-13-2011, 06:23 AM
Joe Zeff

On 06/12/2011 08:53 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> Did you start wallpapoz and not turn it off? It'll do that.

I beg to differ. I use wallpapoz on both my desktop and my laptop and
haven't had the slightest difficulty because of it.

Old 06-13-2011, 03:10 PM
BeartoothHOS

On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 23:23:35 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 06/12/2011 08:53 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
>> Did you start wallpapoz and not turn it off? It'll do that.
>
> I beg to differ. I use wallpapoz on both my desktop and my laptop and
> haven't had the slightest difficulty because of it.

Do you have it set to show different backgrounds of different
workspaces?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Joe Zeff

On 06/13/2011 08:10 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> Do you have it set to show different backgrounds of different
> workspaces?

I was going to originally, but ended up with having all of them change
backgrounds together but randomly.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:16 PM
BeartoothHOS

On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 09:14:09 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:

> On 06/13/2011 08:10 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
>> Do you have it set to show different backgrounds of different
>> workspaces?
>
> I was going to originally, but ended up with having all of them change
> backgrounds together but randomly.

OK, that probably explains the difference. I do. When I grab a
pic I want for a background, and then click a vacant workspace to take a
look, it shows the new one for a few seconds, and then goes to the
preset. When it first started doing that, I had forgotten I'd played with
wallpapoz, and was thoroughly bewildered for a couple days.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Joe Zeff

On 06/13/2011 11:16 AM, BeartoothHOS wrote:
> When it first started doing that, I had forgotten I'd played with
> wallpapoz, and was thoroughly bewildered for a couple days.

Email the maintainer. I had trouble with it when I first switched from
Gnome to XFCE, and he had a fix for it within a day or so.