Old 06-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default Sound worked, now it doesn't

F15 x86_64, basic onboard Intel sound chip, nothing fancy.

Some recent update to F15 seems to have banjaxed my sound output. Under
KDE the Systems Settings widget shows only Analog Output, no Pulseaudio,
even with "Special Devices" selected. I restarted the PA server and now
it does appear, but still no sound.

Speakers are connected and on. KMix has all volume controls at max, and
is not muted. pavucontrol ditto.

I'd look at /var/log/messages but there's nothing in it (i.e. it's an
empty file, see recent message to the list).

Thoughts?

poc