Old 06-11-2011, 06:48 PM
"Andrew Jamison"

Default Installing KDE on a Fedora 15 install renders GNOME3 broken

I installed KDE 4 on my Fedora 15 system to test out the new 4.6 version and when I tried to return to GNOME I get a message saying "the GNOME 3 session failed to start, Press ok to log out and try again" or something similar to that.

When I try logging into GNOME I get this message every time, I can still access the system through XFCE (which I installed after gnome messed up) and KDE but not GNOME. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get more detailed information as to what might be causing GNOME to crash?

Thanks,
Andy