Old 06-11-2011, 05:01 PM
jackson byers

Default emacs GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection after preupgrade F12->F14

My first ever attempt *preupgrade; *F12 to F14I muddled through it and eventually able to boot F14:$ uname -r2.6.35.13-91.fc14.i686.PAE
In general looks ok;
I had to change hostname manually after booting F14.
But, now, occasionally when starting emacs as rootgetting error:[root@f12 grub]# emacs grub.conf &[1] 3976
[root@f12 grub]# **GLib-GIO:ERROR:gdbusconnection.c:2270:initable_init: assertion failed: (connection->initialization_error == NULL)^C[1]+ *Aborted * * * * * * * * (core dumped) emacs grub.conf
[root@f12 grub]#
sometimes emacs doesn't Abort instead following Warning:[root@f12 grub]#*(emacs:4048): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This is a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the exit status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details - *1: Failed to get connection to session: Abnormal program termination spawning command line `dbus-launch --autolaunch=894d3a077438c888999482d14bdb83d5 --binary-syntax --close-stderr': )

That is no help to me; my F14 stays up, network ok.(Those " [root@f12.." *above, *before I manually changed hostname.)
Often emacs as root works with no sign of trouble.

The preupgrade had some trouble late in packages install step,something "metadata repomd ...missing"I was able to find the upgraded fc14 *vmlinuz,etcand then reboot to F14.

Any advice?Is this evidence of serious trouble in my new f14?