Old 06-11-2011, 03:02 PM
"Joe"

Default F12 --> F14 upgrade unsuccessful

All,

I’m working on upgrading my Amahi 5/F12 install to Amahi 6.1/F14 and I’m
running into an issue.

First off, during the system check, the installer comes back and says it can’t
save the install.img file in /boot (/dev/sda1) because the partition is too
small. Then after I’ve had preupgrade-cli download all the files and
rebooted
the system, I get a msg saying:

“The following file systems for your system were not unmounted cleanly.
Please
boot your installation, let the file systems be checked and shut down
cleanly
to upgrade. (/dev/sda1)”

Since that initial attempt I’ve done a number of things:

- After I restart F12, I fsck’d that partition to eliminate any disk issues.
- I cleared out the /boot/upgrade and /var/cache/yum/* directories
- I ran preupgrade instead of preupgrade-cli – multiple times.

And of course none of that worked.

My partitions are the following (without the cached contents):

$ df -k
/dev/mapper/vg_server0-lv_root
70718880 5496076 61630408 9% /
tmpfs 1996752 0 1996752 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 198337 24044 164053 13% /boot
/dev/sdb1 480720592 200074260 256227056 44% /var/hda
/dev/sdc1 480720592 400633476 55667840 88% /mnt/sdc1

I hope someone can provide me with a clue...

Old 06-11-2011, 06:43 PM
"Andrew Jamison"

I have heard if you plan to upgrade in this manner it is best to upgrade from f12 to f13 then from 13 - 14 due to the rapid change in technologies from f12 to f14 but again this just what I have heard not sure if this is actually the case

Old 06-13-2011, 11:09 PM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

On 06/11/2011 02:43 PM, Andrew Jamison wrote:
> I have heard if you plan to upgrade in this manner it is best to upgrade from f12 to f13 then from 13 - 14 due to the rapid change in technologies from f12 to f14 but again this just what I have heard not sure if this is actually the case

According to my yum logs, I upgraded F11 to F12 on my laptop in April of
2010. Then, in November, I upgraded directly from F12 to F14. I
probably used pre-upgrade for both upgrades. My laptop is now a
doorstop (I need a new one), so I can't verify much beyond looking at my
old logs.

As I recall, I couldn't go direct from F11 to F13 without the
intermediate step of F12. Previous to F11, I had been running F9.
Previous to that my laptop came with FC6 installed.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com