Old 06-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Bob Goodwin

Default Libreoffice update N.G. -

I just finished yum update for F-15 and can no longer access my
spreadsheet data! Libreoffice brings up a spreadsheet form but
freezes when I select a "recent document." The data is on an NFS
computer. Error message says the app. is not responding and
offers to close it for me, the only way I seem able to recover.

The word processor seems to work normally, displaying stuff
stored on NFS.

An F-14 computer continues to work as expected with the same data.

Am I alone in this, does anyone else even use the LO spreadsheet?

Bob

Old 06-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/10/2011 04:57 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I just finished yum update for F-15 and can no longer access my
> spreadsheet data! Libreoffice brings up a spreadsheet form but
> freezes when I select a "recent document." The data is on an NFS
> computer. Error message says the app. is not responding and
> offers to close it for me, the only way I seem able to recover.
>
> The word processor seems to work normally, displaying stuff
> stored on NFS.
>
> An F-14 computer continues to work as expected with the same data.
>
> Am I alone in this, does anyone else even use the LO spreadsheet?

I have a fully updated F15.

No problems with any spreadsheets or documents. My files are also on an
NFSv4 share.

I do have /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice modified to read....

# file locking now enabled by default
# SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING

Ed

* English - detected
* English
* Chinese (Simplified)
* Chinese (Traditional)
* Japanese
* Korean

* English
* Chinese (Simplified)
* Chinese (Traditional)
* Japanese
* Korean

<javascript:void(0);><#>

Old 06-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Bob Goodwin

On 10/06/11 05:44, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/10/2011 04:57 PM, Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> I just finished yum update for F-15 and can no longer access my
>> spreadsheet data! Libreoffice brings up a spreadsheet form but
>> freezes when I select a "recent document." The data is on an NFS
>> computer. Error message says the app. is not responding and
>> offers to close it for me, the only way I seem able to recover.
>>
>> The word processor seems to work normally, displaying stuff
>> stored on NFS.
>>
>> An F-14 computer continues to work as expected with the same data.
>>
>> Am I alone in this, does anyone else even use the LO spreadsheet?
>>
> I have a fully updated F15.
>
> No problems with any spreadsheets or documents. My files are also on an
> NFSv4 share.
>
> I do have /usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice modified to read....
>
> # file locking now enabled by default
> # SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
> export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING
>
> Ed

Ok, apparently that 's what it wanted. I made the above change
and it began to work again. Not certain why but apparently
something was locked that should not have been.

I believe I'm still using nfs3, afraid to change anything since
it works so well as it is!

Thanks for the help.

Bob