Old 06-10-2011, 04:16 AM
"Eric B."

Default How to setup IPSEC client?

Hi,

I'm trying to setup FC14 with an IPSEC client to connect to my VPN at
work. I have been given a PEM/KEY file for authentication (and a p12 if
needed) but I can't seem to figure out how to configure IPSEC. I've
been trying to read up on it as much as possible, but I just can't get a
good grasp on how to do this.

I have all the settings I need, but I just can't figure out how/where to
configure them. The Network Manager tool doesn't have anything that
supports PEM/Key certificates, and the same goes for the Network
Configuration gui as well.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction how to best set this up?

Thanks!

Eric

Old 09-23-2011, 12:38 AM

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM, Eric B. <ebenze@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup FC14 with an IPSEC client to connect to my VPN at
> work. *I have been given a PEM/KEY file for authentication (and a p12 if
> needed) but I can't seem to figure out how to configure IPSEC. *I've
> been trying to read up on it as much as possible, but I just can't get a
> good grasp on how to do this.
>
> I have all the settings I need, but I just can't figure out how/where to
> configure them. *The Network Manager tool doesn't have anything that
> supports PEM/Key certificates, and the same goes for the Network
> Configuration gui as well.
>
> Can anyone please point me in the right direction how to best set this up?

did you try this
install network-manager-vpnc
and try to connect VPN via NatworkManager applet

please share your experience here

> Thanks!
>
> Eric

* *v