Old 06-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Jussi Lehtola

Default Firefox 4 on F14, when?

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 13:05:12 +0100
Paul Smith <phhs80@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Firefox 4 on F14, when?

Not going to happen. If you want, you can install spot's package of
firefox 4:

# wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-firefox4.repo
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-firefox4.repo

# yum -y install firefox4

after which you can run it with

$ firefox4
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor

Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 06/09/2011 05:35 PM, Paul Smith wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Firefox 4 on F14, when?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Likely won't be a official update. However

sudo wget
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/firefox4/fedora-firefox4.repo
-O /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-firefox4.repo

sudo yum install firefox4

Rahul

Old 06-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 22:52:11 +0900,
Misha Shnurapet <shnurapet@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> 09.06.2011, 21:00, "Bruno Wolff III" <bruno@wolff.to>:
> > On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 13:05:12 +0100,
> >
> > See: http://spot.livejournal.com/318075.html
> >
> > Spot has some builds you can use. The official repo probably won't get
> > an upgrade.
>
> How is it different from that of Remi's Collet?

I read Spot's blog and he had a recent posting about firefox, so I knew
about his builds and didn't remember about Remi's.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:52 PM
Misha Shnurapet

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/remi/Remi/

--
Best regards,
Email: shnurapet AT fedoraproject.org, IRC: misha on freenode