Old 06-09-2011, 04:32 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default Whither evolution-remove-duplicates?

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 23:00 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I have this odd problem with F15 evolution where, whenever I sync with
> Send/Receive, my POP3 account at Yahoo! downloads fresh copies of every
> message in the mailbox. That seems to be a problem in its own right and
> I'll file it if it isn't in Bugzilla already, but I'd like to be able to
> clean out the duplicates. Evolution used to have a plugin to accomplish
> that, but I haven't seen it for a couple of releases now. Does it still
> exist?

Ask on the Evolution list:

poc

Old 06-09-2011, 01:53 PM
Tim

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 23:00 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> Evolution used to have a plugin to accomplish that, but I haven't seen
> it for a couple of releases now.

Do you mean you expected it pre-installed, or you looked for it in the
repos?

Evolution keeps telling me "refreshing folder," but I'm still thirsty...
--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 06-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Matthew Saltzman

On Thu, 2011-06-09 at 00:02 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 23:00 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> > I have this odd problem with F15 evolution where, whenever I sync with
> > Send/Receive, my POP3 account at Yahoo! downloads fresh copies of every
> > message in the mailbox. That seems to be a problem in its own right and
> > I'll file it if it isn't in Bugzilla already, but I'd like to be able to
> > clean out the duplicates. Evolution used to have a plugin to accomplish
> > that, but I haven't seen it for a couple of releases now. Does it still
> > exist?
>
> Ask on the Evolution list:

Thanks. That would seem a reasonable suggestion, except that I found
this from Ankur Sinha, who appears to be a Fedora developer:

Fedora 15 will see evolution 2.92 which has the
remove-duplicates in it. Since Fedora 14 will not see the 2.92
series, I’ve built the plugin for Fedora 14 and created a
fedorapeople.org repo.

That's at
http://dodoincfedora.wordpress.com/2011/01/07/evolution-remove-duplicates-for-f14/. The repo is at http://http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/ankursinha/evolution-remove-duplicates/. That suggests to me that it's a question about Fedora rather than Evolution.

Motivated by the implication, I searched some more, and in fact, it is
built in in F15, under the Message menu. That seems counterintuitive to
me--I'd have expected it under the Folder menu. But it's there and it
works.