Old 06-08-2011, 07:06 AM
Abu Attar Musharih

Default Need to access administration services on F15

Dear All,
I installed F15 yesterday and it works fine. Now I want to experiment
internet programming (PHP, etc). Can anyone please let me know how to access the
menu Administration --> services like in the previous releases.
I have searched but could not find it.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
AA

Old 06-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Joachim Backes

On 06/08/2011 09:06 AM, Abu Attar Musharih wrote:
> Dear All,
> I installed F15 yesterday and it works fine. Now I want to experiment
> internet programming (PHP, etc). Can anyone please let me know how to access the
> menu Administration --> services like in the previous releases.
> I have searched but could not find it.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> AA

I think, /usr/bin/systemadm (from the "systemd-gtk" package) will do
what you want.

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 06-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Frank Murphy

On 08/06/11 08:06, Abu Attar Musharih wrote:
> Dear All,
> I installed F15 yesterday and it works fine. Now I want to experiment
> internet programming (PHP, etc). Can anyone please let me know how to access the
> menu Administration --> services like in the previous releases.
> I have searched but could not find it.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> AA

You can test with:
yum install systemd-gtk

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 06-09-2011, 01:39 AM
Abu Attar Musharih

> You can test with:
> yum install systemd-gtk

After installing systemd-gtk, I have command line /usr/bin/systemadm.
But this command does not list httpd which I look for. I searched
/etc/init.d/httpd but does not exist.

In F14 with gnome, activating httpd can be done via menu
System-->Administration--->Services or invoking
/usr/bin/system-config-services
or just use the command line (/etc/init.d/httpd start).
Thanks in advance for any further advice.
regards,
AA