Old 06-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Lawrence E Graves

Default Printer not printing at all from anywhere

lpr -P (printer name) [ -o Option] (filename) I found this command on
the brothers website. I understand everything but I don't know what is
meant by the filename. Please give advice. This may be the fix for my
printer not being able to print from LibreOffice and now I can't print
at all from anywhere on my computer.

--
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>

Old 06-08-2011, 05:44 AM
Michael Cronenworth

On 06/07/2011 11:58 PM, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> lpr -P (printer name) [ -o Option] (filename) I found this command on
> the brothers website. I understand everything but I don't know what is
> meant by the filename. Please give advice. This may be the fix for my
> printer not being able to print from LibreOffice and now I can't print
> at all from anywhere on my computer.

It would be a file name to a plain text file or raw print file.

You can pipe output to lpr, too.

cat file.txt | lpr -P (printer name)

The contents of file.txt will print on your printer. If you cannot
print, then there is an issue with the print driver, connection, or
possibly the printer itself. Running "lpstat -t" will display your
available printers and the print queue, which will include error messages.