FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 AM
Chris Adams
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

$ wget 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-15&arch=x86_64'
--2011-06-07 20:53:34-- https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-15&arch=x86_64
Resolving mirrors.fedoraproject.org... 2610:28:3090:3001:dead:beef:cafe:fed4, 209.132.181.16, 66.35.62.166, ...
Connecting to mirrors.fedoraproject.org|2610:28:3090:3001:dead:b eef:cafe:fed4|:443... connected.
OpenSSL: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
Unable to establish SSL connection.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>
Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Chris Adams
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net> said:
> $ wget 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-15&arch=x86_64'
> --2011-06-07 20:53:34-- https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-15&arch=x86_64
> Resolving mirrors.fedoraproject.org... 2610:28:3090:3001:dead:beef:cafe:fed4, 209.132.181.16, 66.35.62.166, ...
> Connecting to mirrors.fedoraproject.org|2610:28:3090:3001:dead:b eef:cafe:fed4|:443... connected.
> OpenSSL: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol
> Unable to establish SSL connection.

HTTP is "working", but not really:

$ wget -q -O- http://www.fedoraproject.org/
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Index of /</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Index of /</h1>
<pre> <a href="?C=N;O=D">Name</a> <a href="?C=M;O=A">Last modified</a> <a href="?C=S;O=A">Size</a> <a href="?C=D;O=A">Description</a><hr><hr></pre>
<address>Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.fedoraproject.org Port 80</address>
</body></html>

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>
Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:20 AM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

----- Original message -----
> Once upon a time, Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net> said:
> > $ wget
> > 'https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-15&arch=x86_64'
> > --2011-06-07 20:53:34--
> > https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-15&arch=x86_64
> > Resolving mirrors.fedoraproject.org...
> > 2610:28:3090:3001:dead:beef:cafe:fed4, 209.132.181.16, 66.35.62.166,
> > ... Connecting to
> > mirrors.fedoraproject.org|2610:28:3090:3001:dead:b eef:cafe:fed4|:443...
> > connected. OpenSSL: error:140770FC:SSL
> > routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol Unable to establish
> > SSL connection.
>
> HTTP is "working", but not really:
>
> $ wget -q -O- http://www.fedoraproject.org/
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
> <html>
>* <head>
>* * <title>Index of /</title>
>* </head>
>* <body>
> <h1>Index of /</h1>
> <pre>* * * * * <a href="?C=N;O=D">Name</a>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * <a
> href="?C=M;O=A">Last modified</a>* * * * * <a href="?C=S;O=A">Size</a>* <a
> href="?C=D;O=A">Description</a><hr><hr></pre> <address>Apache/2.2.3 (Red
> Hat) Server at www.fedoraproject.org Port 80</address> </body></html>

I'm seeing the same thing. This must be a recent problem as I have been able to access it in the past without a problem.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 07:15 AM
Frank Murphy
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

On 08/06/11 03:20, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

>
> I'm seeing the same thing. This must be a recent problem as I have been able to access it in the past without a problem.

Is not today ip6 test day?

--
Regards,

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 07:57 AM
Fernando Cassia
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 04:15, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm seeing the same thing. This must be a recent problem as I have been able to access it in the past without a problem.
>
> Is not today ip6 test day?

Ironically, projectfedora.org is reacheable from pure-IPv6, but
redhat.com is not!.

FC
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

Frank Murphy wrote:
> Is not today ip6 test day?

Yes, and fp.o is working again, but it wasn't yesterday.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

Frank Murphy wrote:
> Is not today ip6 test day?

Yes, and fp.o is working again, but it wasn't yesterday.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 08:54:17 -0500
Michael Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:

> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > Is not today ip6 test day?
>
> Yes, and fp.o is working again, but it wasn't yesterday.

There was a short issue with httpd last night. Perhaps this was in that
window? (It was 10min or so at around ~03:00-03:10UTC).

It looks like you folks might have been trying around that time...

Sorry for the issues...

kevin
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Kevin Fenzi
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 08:54:17 -0500
Michael Cronenworth <mike@cchtml.com> wrote:

> Frank Murphy wrote:
> > Is not today ip6 test day?
>
> Yes, and fp.o is working again, but it wasn't yesterday.

There was a short issue with httpd last night. Perhaps this was in that
window? (It was 10min or so at around ~03:00-03:10UTC).

It looks like you folks might have been trying around that time...

Sorry for the issues...

kevin
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Chris Adams
 
Default SSL connections to fedoraproject.org sites failing over IPv6

Once upon a time, Kevin Fenzi <kevin@scrye.com> said:
> There was a short issue with httpd last night. Perhaps this was in that
> window? (It was 10min or so at around ~03:00-03:10UTC).

I saw issues for more than just 10 minutes; I had errors for about an
hour about 01:20-02:20 UTC. SSL connections would fail with an SSL
error, and non-SSL connections just got nothing (an empty directory
root).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams@hiwaay.net>
Systems and Network Administrator - HiWAAY Internet Services
I don't speak for anybody but myself - that's enough trouble.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 03:36 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org