Old 06-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Linuxguy123

Default Novel Moonlight on Firefox 4.0 ???

I need to view a website that requires Microsoft's Silverlight to
access.

I have installed Novell's Moonlight 3.99.03 on Firefox 4.0.1. It tries
to start, but there are several error messages and then it does nothing.

Has anyone been able to get Moonlight working in Firefox ? Do I need to
do anything special or have any special packages installed ?

Thanks

LG

Old 06-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Gary Waters

On 06/07/2011 11:21 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I need to view a website that requires Microsoft's Silverlight to
> access.
>
> I have installed Novell's Moonlight 3.99.03 on Firefox 4.0.1. It tries
> to start, but there are several error messages and then it does nothing.
>
> Has anyone been able to get Moonlight working in Firefox ? Do I need to
> do anything special or have any special packages installed ?
>
> Thanks
>
> LG

Can you provide a URL I can use to see if mine is working? I can't
seem to find a test site

GW

Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Linuxguy123

> Can you provide a URL I can use to see if mine is working? I can't
> seem to find a test site

I replied with a site privately.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Gary Waters

On 06/07/2011 01:25 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:

>> Can you provide a URL I can use to see if mine is working? I can't
>> seem to find a test site
>
> I replied with a site privately.

The site works fine on my end with no error messages. If I remember
correctly I went into firefox tools/add-ons/extensions and killed
moonlight from there first before installing the latest version

Old 06-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Linuxguy123

On Tue, 2011-06-07 at 13:58 -0400, Gary Waters wrote:
> On 06/07/2011 01:25 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> >
> >> Can you provide a URL I can use to see if mine is working? I can't
> >> seem to find a test site
> >
> > I replied with a site privately.
> >

> The site works fine on my end with no error messages. If I remember
> correctly I went into firefox tools/add-ons/extensions and killed
> moonlight from there first before installing the latest version

What do you mean by you killed it ?

Where did you get the latest version and how did you install it ?

Thanks !

Old 06-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Gary Waters

On 06/07/2011 09:39 PM, Linuxguy123 wrote:

>>> I replied with a site privately.
>>>

>> The site works fine on my end with no error messages. If I remember
>> correctly I went into firefox tools/add-ons/extensions and killed
>> moonlight from there first before installing the latest version
>
> What do you mean by you killed it ?
>
> Where did you get the latest version and how did you install it ?
>
> Thanks !

killed as in removed. I went into firefox tools/add-ons/extensions and
hit remove. Then I went to this site:

http://www.go-mono.com/moonlight/

I clicked install on that site and then restarted firefox and made sure
it was enabled in the extensions section.