-   -   adding boot time options to the sg driver does not work (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/536334-adding-boot-time-options-sg-driver-does-not-work.html)

"Lancashire, Pete" 06-07-2011 03:04 PM

adding boot time options to the sg driver does not work

I'm trying to change def_reserved_size from the default of 32768 to what I belive is the maximum
of 1048576 bytes ( 1 Megabyte ) upon boot

In /etc/modprobe.d I createf the file sg.conf with the line

options sg def_reserved_size=1048579

did modprobe -c, it reconized the new file and did not throw an error.

I then rebooted

cat /proc/scsi/sg/def_reserved_size returns 32768

What am I doing wrong ?