Old 06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Lawrence E Graves

Default LibreOffice, Evolution, and Gedit still not printing

This morning I tried to print from sprint.com and it went through the
routine but nothing printed. This is just one more place I discovered
that my printer won't print. I checked my cups.service status and shows
everything is in order. I don't know where to go from here. In the 3
years I have used Brother printers, I have never had this problem before
with Fedora. Again, I am using the Brother MFC-J615W all-in-one printer.
Is it possible something could be wrong with the printer itself?
I have installed with a pin, with WPS feature, and the good fashion
manual install and I am pretty good with the install procedures of the
brother printer.
--
Lawrence E Graves <lgraves@risingstarmbc.com>

Old 06-07-2011, 01:47 PM
"Clyde E. Kunkel"

On 06/07/2011 09:42 AM, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> This morning I tried to print from sprint.com and it went through the
> routine but nothing printed. This is just one more place I discovered
> that my printer won't print. I checked my cups.service status and shows
> everything is in order. I don't know where to go from here. In the 3
> years I have used Brother printers, I have never had this problem before
> with Fedora. Again, I am using the Brother MFC-J615W all-in-one printer.
> Is it possible something could be wrong with the printer itself?
> I have installed with a pin, with WPS feature, and the good fashion
> manual install and I am pretty good with the install procedures of the
> brother printer.

Are you still seeing:

SELinux is preventing /usr/sbin/cupsd from write access on the file
/etc/cups/subscriptions.conf.

If so, have you tried the selinux steps I suggested off list?

OldFart

Old 06-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Joe Zeff

On 06/07/2011 06:42 AM, Lawrence E Graves wrote:
> This morning I tried to print from sprint.com and it went through the
> routine but nothing printed. This is just one more place I discovered
> that my printer won't print. I checked my cups.service status and shows
> everything is in order. I don't know where to go from here.

Try going to the web interface for cups: http://127.0.0.1:631/ and see
what it says. Sometimes you can get more done there than you can
through the GUI control panel,and it's often easier.