Old 06-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Tom Horsley

Default Xcursor viewer?

So, I wanted to examine the cursors in the default theme to see
if they were the source of the horrible looking things I see
in firefox, etc.

Apparently they are Xcursor(3) format files.

Any viewer tools for these things available? All I can
find are tools to create them from images, not tools
to look at 'em after they are created.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Mike Williams

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:11 AM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, I wanted to examine the cursors in the default theme to see
> if they were the source of the horrible looking things I see
> in firefox, etc.
>
> Apparently they are Xcursor(3) format files.
>
> Any viewer tools for these things available? All I can
> find are tools to create them from images, not tools
> to look at 'em after they are created.

Could not find a viewer. As an alternative I downloaded the source
rpm for dmz-cursor-themes and there are two directories that have png
and svg files with all of the cursors:

[mike@watson rpmbuild]$ ls dmz
COPYING dmz-preview.png dmz-preview.svg dmz.svg pngs
renderpngs.py xcursors
[mike@watson rpmbuild]$ ls dmz-aa
COPYING dmz-aa-preview.png dmz-aa-preview.svg dmz-aa.svg pngs
renderpngs.py xcursors

Kind a tedious way to get a peek, especially if you want to compare
different themes, but it works.

Mike

Old 06-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Tom Horsley

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 12:34:37 -0400
Mike Williams wrote:

> As an alternative I downloaded the source
> rpm

Yea, I suppose the source rpms would work, either that or
write my own program to display widgets with the cursor names
and set the cursor for each widget so I can mouse over them
and see what they look like :-).