Old 06-06-2011, 09:47 PM
james tate

Default What is causing the unlocking of Widgets in and up to KDE-4.6

The Unlocking of Widgets and Screwing up the the whole Desktop and Panel
in and upto KDE-4.6, WHAT IS GOINGON !!!!

I have every day a new Linux User calling me up and saying My Panel or
Desktop is messed up again. telling them be sure the Widgets are Locked
, this is getting old, when I know I keep my own Widgets lock, but they
still keep getting unlocked.

And switching to Gnome desktop is Totally out of the question.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Ed Greshko

On 06/07/2011 05:47 AM, james tate wrote:
> The Unlocking of Widgets and Screwing up the the whole Desktop and Panel
> in and upto KDE-4.6, WHAT IS GOINGON !!!!
>
> I have every day a new Linux User calling me up and saying My Panel or
> Desktop is messed up again. telling them be sure the Widgets are Locked
> , this is getting old, when I know I keep my own Widgets lock, but they
> still keep getting unlocked.

Has it happened to you personally...or is this being reported to you by
others? I ask this since I've been running KDE from the 3.X release up
until now with 4.6. I even run with my widgets unlocked. I can't
recall, clearly, as single instance where my desktop or panel got
"messed up". I want to say this happened once when I booted with a
different screen resolution than normal...but that may have been a
Windows system.

Is this issue reliably reproduced?

Old 06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
james tate

On 06/06/2011 06:15 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/07/2011 05:47 AM, james tate wrote:
>> The Unlocking of Widgets and Screwing up the the whole Desktop and Panel
>> in and upto KDE-4.6, WHAT IS GOINGON !!!!
>>
>> I have every day a new Linux User calling me up and saying My Panel or
>> Desktop is messed up again. telling them be sure the Widgets are Locked
>> , this is getting old, when I know I keep my own Widgets lock, but they
>> still keep getting unlocked.
> Has it happened to you personally...or is this being reported to you by
> others? I ask this since I've been running KDE from the 3.X release up
> until now with 4.6. I even run with my widgets unlocked. I can't
> recall, clearly, as single instance where my desktop or panel got
> "messed up". I want to say this happened once when I booted with a
> different screen resolution than normal...but that may have been a
> Windows system.
>
> Is this issue reliably reproduced?

I have never experience this in kde-3.

As to why this happening in KDE4.6 it seems to happen after rebooting
and or updating.

It is a Major problem and upsetting a lot of new users.

Thanks for your help Ed

Old 06-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 17:47 -0400, james tate wrote:
> The Unlocking of Widgets and Screwing up the the whole Desktop and Panel
> in and upto KDE-4.6, WHAT IS GOINGON !!!!

Never seen this. You need to be more specific about the circumstances.

Also, there is a Fedora list specifically for KDE issues, where you
might have a better chance of a useful answer. See
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/kde

(And try not to shout, it doesn't increase your chances of being
helped).

poc