-   -   Preupgrade F14-->F15 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/535766-preupgrade-f14-f15.html)

Benjamin 06-06-2011 01:17 PM

Preupgrade F14-->F15

Hello everyone!
I encountered the following problem when trying to upgrade my system:

After preupgrade has downloaded all the packages and the system has
shutdown to establish the new system, while the installation process
there came the failure:
Too less space on / (or something similar)

So a checked my system: fdisk -l:

[root@Banjo Benji]# fdisk -l

Platte /dev/sda: 160.0 GByte, 160041885696 Byte
255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren/Spur, 19457 Zylinder, zusammen 312581808 Sektoren
Einheiten = Sektoren von 1 × 512 = 512 Bytes
Disk identifier: 0x1d233987

Gerät boot. Anfang Ende Blöcke Id System
/dev/sda1 * 2048 1026047 512000 83 Linux
/dev/sda2 1026048 312580095 155777024 8e Linux LVM

Platte /dev/dm-0: 12.6 GByte, 12582912000 Byte
255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren/Spur, 1529 Zylinder, zusammen 24576000 Sektoren
Einheiten = Sektoren von 1 × 512 = 512 Bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Festplatte /dev/dm-0 enthält keine gültige Partitionstabelle

Platte /dev/dm-1: 4160 MByte, 4160749568 Byte
255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren/Spur, 505 Zylinder, zusammen 8126464 Sektoren
Einheiten = Sektoren von 1 × 512 = 512 Bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Festplatte /dev/dm-1 enthält keine gültige Partitionstabelle

Platte /dev/dm-2: 136.3 GByte, 136331657216 Byte
255 Köpfe, 63 Sektoren/Spur, 16574 Zylinder, zusammen 266272768 Sektoren
Einheiten = Sektoren von 1 × 512 = 512 Bytes
Disk identifier: 0x00000000

Festplatte /dev/dm-2 enthält keine gültige Partitionstabelle

Here is df:

[root@Banjo Benji]# df
Dateisystem 1K‐Blöcke Benutzt Verfügbar Ben% Eingehängt auf
rootfs 12095032 10317116 1163516 90% /
udev 1004436 284 1004152 1% /dev
tmpfs 1011020 472 1010548 1% /dev/shm
/dev/mapper/vg_banjo-lv_root
12095032 10317116 1163516 90% /
/dev/sda1 495844 166160 304084 36% /boot
/dev/mapper/vg_banjo-lv_home
131046948 99288788 25101344 80% /home

So i guess that my /boot partition is too small to perform the
preupgrade, which is a problem a can´t solve alone. I need your help.

Thx. Benjamin.

echapin 06-06-2011 01:20 PM

Preupgrade F14-->F15

> I encountered the following problem when trying to upgrade my system:
>
> After preupgrade has downloaded all the packages and the system has
> shutdown to establish the new system, while the installation process
> there came the failure:
> Too less space on / (or something similar)
>

> So i guess that my /boot partition is too small to perform the
> preupgrade, which is a problem a cant solve alone. I need your help.
>
> Thx. Benjamin.

Try a wired connection if you haven't already, and ignore warnings.

Benjamin 06-06-2011 03:27 PM

Preupgrade F14-->F15

Am 06.06.2011 15:20, schrieb echapin:
> [...]
Thanks a lot echapin! That helped. Beside: Why did this help?

echapin 06-06-2011 05:59 PM

Preupgrade F14-->F15

> >> I encountered the following problem when trying to upgrade my system:
> >>
> >> After preupgrade has downloaded all the packages and the system has
> >> shutdown to establish the new system, while the installation process
> >> there came the failure:
> >> Too less space on / (or something similar)
> >>
> >> So i guess that my /boot partition is too small to perform the
> >> preupgrade, which is a problem a cant solve alone. I need your help.
> >>
> >> Thx. Benjamin.
> > Try a wired connection if you haven't already, and ignore warnings.
> >

> Thanks a lot echapin! That helped. Beside: Why did this help?

I don't know. This notion has been around for a version or two, and I don't remember the technicalities. Maybe someone else can fill them in. In any case I'm waiting 'til the general complaint level has died down a bit more and some packages I use catch up.

Raman Gupta 06-06-2011 06:07 PM

Preupgrade F14-->F15

On 06/06/2011 01:59 PM, echapin wrote:
>>> Try a wired connection if you haven't already, and ignore warnings.
>>>
>> Thanks a lot echapin! That helped. Beside: Why did this help?
>
> I don't know. This notion has been around for a version or two, and I don't remember the technicalities. Maybe someone else can fill them in. In any case I'm waiting 'til the general complaint level has died down a bit more and some packages I use catch up.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PreUpgrade#Not_enough_space_in_.2Fboot

(Method 2)

Cheers,
Raman