-   -   Android (Was Fedora SOHO server) (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/535630-android-fedora-soho-server.html)

Dave Ihnat 06-06-2011 04:37 AM

Android (Was Fedora SOHO server)

On Sun, Jun 05, 2011 at 11:27:48PM -0500, Javier Perez wrote:
> Sorry to hijack the thread, but is this possible?
> I was thinking of an android phone for some time, but my privacy fears kept
> me away. Specially after the Location Based Services fiasco (where Apple
> decided to drop it somehow but Google said they would keep on collecting
> that info).

Definitely. I'll have to admit that I'm using a Windows VM running
CompanionLink and Palm Desktop right now, just because I needed a
quick'n'dirty fix.

My next step is to try CompanionLink under wine to JPilot--dunno if it's
compatible enough. Eventually, I'm looking either for someone else to
write a native synch under Linux to something like SugarCRM, or I may
actually look at writing it.

Cheers,
--
Dave Ihnat