Old 06-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Alex

Default Flash update questions for f14

Hi,
I've installed flash-plugin-10.3.162.29-2.x86_64 on fedora14 from
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/leigh123linux but
it's now outdated and no update seems to exist. The repo URL is
http://www.linux-ati-drivers.homecall.co.uk/flashplayer.x86_64 I
believe.

The Adobe page points to an i386 version, and no Adobe Labs version is
currently available. How can I continue to use the 64-bit version on
fedora as an RPM with the current version?

In other words, is there a new repo that can be accessed for the
latest version of flash?

Thanks,
Alex

Old 06-06-2011, 12:33 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/06/2011 08:25 AM, Alex wrote:
> The Adobe page points to an i386 version, and no Adobe Labs version is
> currently available. How can I continue to use the 64-bit version on
> fedora as an RPM with the current version?

The 64 bit version is available from Adobe Labs....just not in rpm format.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

Old 06-06-2011, 12:42 AM
suvayu ali

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 08:25 AM, Alex wrote:
>> The Adobe page points to an i386 version, and no Adobe Labs version is
>> currently available. How can I continue to use the 64-bit version on
>> fedora as an RPM with the current version?
>
> The 64 bit version is available from Adobe Labs....just not in rpm format.
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

Adobe hasn't updated the 64 bit flash plugin in many months (6 to be specific).

--
Suvayu

Old 06-06-2011, 02:59 AM
Sam Varshavchik

suvayu ali writes:

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:33 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:
> On 06/06/2011 08:25 AM, Alex wrote:
>> The Adobe page points to an i386 version, and no Adobe Labs version is
>> currently available. How can I continue to use the 64-bit version on
>> fedora as an RPM with the current version?
>
> The 64 bit version is available from Adobe Labs....just not in rpm format.
>
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/square/

Adobe hasn't updated the 64 bit flash plugin in many months (6 to be
specific).

FWIW -- still works fine in F15, but you still need Linus's patch to
workaround the plugin's memcpy bug -- which should be fixed in the next
release of the 64 bit plugin, whenever they decide to cut one.