Old 06-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default Thunderbird/Firefox in F-15 -

When I click on a URL in an Thunderbird e-mail it comes up in
Firefox as desired but Firefox jumps into my e-mail window, I
don't want that. I assign Firefox a window and I want it to stay
there where I will view the information when I am ready.

It worked as I want in F-14.

Also in F-14, when I closed Firefox it asks if I wanted to save
the current set of tabs being displayed. I usually wanted that,
in F-15 I don't get that option, when I reboot in the morning I
have to set it up to view the routine stuff I normally keep
available there, mainly my system usage information which DD-WRT
displays in graphic form, etc.

I've searched the Preference menus and compared the two
computers and they are essentially set up the same but act
differently. I assume these things can be configured if one
knows where to look?

Any help appreciated.

Bob

Old 06-05-2011, 10:35 PM
JD

On 06/05/11 12:36, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> When I click on a URL in an Thunderbird e-mail it comes up in
> Firefox as desired but Firefox jumps into my e-mail window, I
> don't want that. I assign Firefox a window and I want it to stay
> there where I will view the information when I am ready.
>
> It worked as I want in F-14.
>
> Also in F-14, when I closed Firefox it asks if I wanted to save
> the current set of tabs being displayed. I usually wanted that,
> in F-15 I don't get that option, when I reboot in the morning I
> have to set it up to view the routine stuff I normally keep
> available there, mainly my system usage information which DD-WRT
> displays in graphic form, etc.
>
> I've searched the Preference menus and compared the two
> computers and they are essentially set up the same but act
> differently. I assume these things can be configured if one
> knows where to look?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Bob
>
> --

Firefox:
Edit->Preferences->Tabs
checkmark Open new windows in a new tab instead << What you want.
checkmark Always show the tab bar (optional)
checkmark When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately
(optional)

Cheers,

JD