-   -   Where is Open Office? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/535137-where-open-office.html)

Mike Flannigan 06-04-2011 08:00 PM

Where is Open Office?

I'm a new Fedora user.

I understand Open Office is part of the core
distribution, but I can't find it. In Add/
Remove programs "Office/Productivity" is checked,
but only Evolution is in my Office Applications.
How can I start Open Office?

Mike Flannigan
I get the digest version of the list.

sguazt 06-04-2011 08:16 PM

Where is Open Office?

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 10:00 PM, Mike Flannigan <mikeflan@att.net> wrote:

> I'm a new Fedora user.
>
> I understand Open Office is part of the core
> distribution, but I can't find it. *In Add/
> Remove programs "Office/Productivity" is checked,
> but only Evolution is in my Office Applications.
> How can I start Open Office?

Hi Mike,

I assume you have installed Fedora 15.
Since Fedora 15, Fedora has drop the OpenOffice suite in favor of
LibreOffice (which is a fork of OpenOffice born after the acquisition
of OpenOffice by Oracle).
You can find the LibreOffice suite under the "Office" menu. If not,
try to search with the graphical software installer of even with yum.
E.g.:

$ sudo yum install libreoffice-writer

Best,

-- Marco

Mike Flannigan 06-05-2011 01:25 AM

Where is Open Office?

Since Fedora 15, Fedora has drop the OpenOffice suite in favor of
LibreOffice (which is a fork of OpenOffice born after the acquisition
of OpenOffice by Oracle).
You can find the LibreOffice suite under the "Office" menu. If not,
try to search with the graphical software installer of even with yum.
E.g.:

$ sudo yum install libreoffice-writer

Best,

-- Marco

Thank you very much.* I'm downloading Libre

Office right now.

Yes, I just installed F15 64 bit on my 3yo laptop.

Had one heck of a time getting the internet to

work, but I finally got it running.

You'll be hearing other questions from me very

soon.

Mike