Old 06-04-2011, 06:57 PM
JD

Default T-Bird won't open URL

On 06/04/11 11:07, john wendel wrote:
> I'm getting the following error when I click on a URL in Tbird.
>
> This is the 3.1.10 Tbird from F14 using Aurora browser (yeah I know,
> it's broken and I get to keep the pieces).
>
> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
> code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
> [nsIExternalProtocolService.loadUrl]" nsresult: "0x80004005
> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
> chrome://communicator/content/contentAreaClick.js :: openLinkExternally
> :: line 188" data: no]
>
> Anyone have any words of wisdom?
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

Had a similar problem and here is how I
was clued in to fix it:
System->Preferences->Preferred Applications

Select your preferred app for each category,
such as Web Browser, or Mail Reader
or MultiMedia, or terminal Emulator,...etc

Old 06-04-2011, 07:07 PM
john wendel

On 06/04/2011 11:57 AM, JD wrote:
> On 06/04/11 11:07, john wendel wrote:
>> I'm getting the following error when I click on a URL in Tbird.
>>
>> This is the 3.1.10 Tbird from F14 using Aurora browser (yeah I know,
>> it's broken and I get to keep the pieces).
>>
>> Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure
>> code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
>> [nsIExternalProtocolService.loadUrl]" nsresult: "0x80004005
>> (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame ::
>> chrome://communicator/content/contentAreaClick.js :: openLinkExternally
>> :: line 188" data: no]
>>
>> Anyone have any words of wisdom?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
> Had a similar problem and here is how I
> was clued in to fix it:
> System->Preferences->Preferred Applications
>
> Select your preferred app for each category,
> such as Web Browser, or Mail Reader
> or MultiMedia, or terminal Emulator,...etc

Not a problem with preferred app, I should have mentioned that it was
working fine until 2 days ago. Looks like an Aurora update has broken
something.

I just tried it with the Tbird 5 beta, same error.

Looks like I need to report to Firebird/Aurora.

Thanks for the help.

John