Old 06-04-2011, 04:10 PM
JD

Default flash reader/writer slot not detected by OS

None of the Fedora installations I have had (since fc6)
have been able to detect the presence of the SD/SDHC
flash card reader/writer built-in my laptop.
lspci does not show it.
Needless to say, kernel is oblivious to any cards I insert
into that slot.
Interestingly enough, WinXP display it in HW manager
with a big yellow question mark.

Old 06-04-2011, 06:56 PM
Matias Kreder

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 1:10 PM, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
> None of the Fedora installations I have had (since fc6)
> have been able to detect the presence of the SD/SDHC
> flash card reader/writer built-in my laptop.
> lspci does not show it.
> Needless to say, kernel is oblivious to any cards I insert
> into that slot.
> Interestingly enough, WinXP display it in HW manager
> with a big yellow question mark.

I would contact your hardware vendor or try to check if something is
disabled in the BIOS. Most SD/SDHC readers works out of the box these
days.