Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora User (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/)
-   -   /etc/sysconfig/desktop (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/535019-etc-sysconfig-desktop.html)

solarflow99 06-04-2011 02:02 PM

/etc/sysconfig/desktop
 
Does anyone know why the directives in /etc/sysconfig/desktop don't work in F-15 anymore?

DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/bin/slim-dynwm
PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startlxde

This is how it was explained in the wiki: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Fedora




--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

mike cloaked 06-04-2011 04:54 PM

/etc/sysconfig/desktop
 
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know why the directives in /etc/sysconfig/desktop don't work in
> F-15 anymore?
>
> DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/bin/slim-dynwm
> PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startlxde
>
> This is how it was explained in the wiki: http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Fedora

Did you check that /usr/bin/slim-dynwm is in your system?
--
mike c
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

solarflow99 06-04-2011 05:10 PM

/etc/sysconfig/desktop
 
its definitely installed, I wouldn't have forgot that.



On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 12:54 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 3:02 PM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:


> Does anyone know why the directives in /etc/sysconfig/desktop don't work in

> F-15 anymore?

>

> DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/bin/slim-dynwm

> PREFERRED=/usr/bin/startlxde

>

> This is how it was explained in the wiki: *http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Fedora



Did you check that /usr/bin/slim-dynwm is in your system?

--

mike c

--

users mailing list

users@lists.fedoraproject.org

To unsubscribe or change subscription options:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users

Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

mike cloaked 06-04-2011 05:15 PM

/etc/sysconfig/desktop
 
On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:
> its definitely installed, I wouldn't have forgot that.
>

OK - I guess you already tried to check if you could login using
DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/sbin/lxdm instead - and get a working desktop.
The other directive was for new users to get lxde aas the preferred DE
- were you already using lxde with a different display manager? i.e.
if you had gdm and just selected lxde could you then login?

I am only just starting to play around with different DE than gnome in
f15, but so far have only switched to KDE - I may try your route
tomorrow - and check lxde at that time so I would be interested in the
solution to this issue too.
--
mike c
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

Adam Tong 06-04-2011 05:25 PM

/etc/sysconfig/desktop
 
Hi,

you are right. HEre the new output:

-----
# yum list kernel*
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386
| 951 B 00:00

fedora-firefox4
| 3.0 kB 00:00

updates/metalink
| 15 kB 00:00

updates
| 4.7 kB 00:00

updates/primary_db
| 4.7 MB 00:12

Installed Packages
kernel-PAE.i686 2.6.34.8-68.fc13
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i386/13
kernel-PAE.i686 2.6.35.11-83.fc14
@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201010211814.i386

kernel-PAE.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
@updates

kernel-headers.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
@updates

Available Packages
kernel.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-PAE-devel.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-PAEdebug.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-PAEdebug-devel.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-debug.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-debug-devel.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-devel.i686 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

kernel-doc.noarch 2.6.35.13-91.fc14
updates

-----

You can see that i have 3 kernel-PAE.i686. I'm afraid to remove everything does
the command you gave recognize the spaces after the first argument. What would
be the right command on my case. Is this correct:

yum remove kernel-PAE.i686 2.6.34.8-68.fc13

Thank you



----- Original Message ----
From: mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@gmail.com>
To: Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Sent: Sat, June 4, 2011 1:15:25 PM
Subject: Re: /etc/sysconfig/desktop

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 6:10 PM, solarflow99 <solarflow99@gmail.com> wrote:
> its definitely installed, I wouldn't have forgot that.
>

OK - I guess you already tried to check if you could login using
DISPLAYMANAGER=/usr/sbin/lxdm instead - and get a working desktop.
The other directive was for new users to get lxde aas the preferred DE
- were you already using lxde with a different display manager? i.e.
if you had gdm and just selected lxde could you then login?

I am only just starting to play around with different DE than gnome in
f15, but so far have only switched to KDE - I may try your route
tomorrow - and check lxde at that time so I would be interested in the
solution to this issue too.
--
mike c
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:24 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.