Old 06-04-2011, 01:19 PM
Adel ESSAFI

Default problem with fedora when booting

Dear list
My fedora system does not boot after selecting fedora from grub.
I get a black screen with a cursor and after that, nothing happens (no error messages appears...)
Even when I boot with single mode, the same bevaviour happens.

I have fedora 14 on a dell laptop.

Can you help?
Regards
Adel

--
PhD candidate in Computer Science
Address* * **

tel: +216 97 246 706 (+33640302046 jusqu'au 15/6)
fax: +216 71 391 166

Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 PM
Neil

Hi, have you install a video card driver not OOS? If it is, pls edit the grub line with video default settings.

在 2011-6-4 下午9:19,"Adel ESSAFI" <adelessafi@gmail.com>写道:> Dear list

Old 06-04-2011, 02:12 PM
solarflow99

test

Old 06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Adel ESSAFI

hi
what should I add ?
Regards

Old 06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
James McKenzie

On 6/5/11 2:39 PM, Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> 2011/6/4 Neil <neilhhw@gmail.com <mailto:neilhhw@gmail.com>>
>

> > Dear list
> > My fedora system does not boot after selecting fedora from grub.
> > I get a black screen with a cursor and after that, nothing
> happens (no error
> > messages appears...)
> > Even when I boot with single mode, the same bevaviour happens.
> >
> > I have fedora 14 on a dell laptop.
> >
> > Can you help?
> > Regards
> > Adel
> >
> 在 2011-6-4 下午9:19,"Adel ESSAFI" <adelessafi@gmail.com
> <mailto:adelessafi@gmail.com>>写道:
>

> Hi, have you install a video card driver not OOS? If it is, pls edit
> the grub line with video default settings.
>

> hi
> what should I add ?
> Regards
What is the line for booting in your grub.conf?

What model and manufacturer of the Video Card you are using?

Please bottom post here, that is the way we do things. Questions? Read
the mailing list guidelines.

James McKenzie