Old 06-04-2011, 12:31 PM
Sam Varshavchik

Default plymouth hangs

One of the machines I upgraded to F15 can't quite finish booting. It hangs
at plymouth-quit-wait.service. plymouth just doesn't seem to want to go away.
/bin/plymouth --wait spins forever, stracing plymouthd shows that it's stuck
in an epoll(). More details in bug 710737.

Anyone know what's going on?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Albert de Jongh

Happens on my machine too.* I had been too tired fighting F15 issues by then, and just took out the "splash" bit in the kernel boot parameters.