-   -   F15 Firefox crashes after latest update (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/534881-f15-firefox-crashes-after-latest-update.html)

john wendel 06-04-2011 03:41 AM

F15 Firefox crashes after latest update

Looks like the latest update has broken Firefox, I get a crash every few
minutes. Previously, I'd never seen a Firefox crash on this system.
Since there were so many updates, I don't have a clue which piece broke
things. I straced Firefox until it crashed, but the strace output didn't
show anything, it just stopped.

How can I report this without knowing who to blame? Clues appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Joe Zeff 06-04-2011 08:14 AM

On 06/03/2011 08:41 PM, john wendel wrote:
> Looks like the latest update has broken Firefox, I get a crash every few
> minutes.

I had this same issue back in F13. I finally told Firefox to start
without addons and it worked. Then I did a little experimentation and
found out which one was causing it and disabled it until it updated and
all was OK. Alas, I don't remember which one, and it's probably not the
same one. Still, it's worth a shot.