Old 06-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Kam Leo

Default Preupgrade and first thoughts

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Kam Leo <kam.leo@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Mark Eggers <mdeggers@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> --snip
>

>> Also, updates are listed twice when running yum from the command line.
>> For example:
>>
>> ---> Package parted.i686 0:2.3-8.fc15 will be updated
>> ---> Package parted.i686 0:2.3-9.fc15 will be an updated
>

> Perhaps too verbose but not erroneous. Examine the output again. The
> first entry lists the installed package that is to be updated. The
> second entry lists its potential replacement.

I forgot to mention you have a typo in the second line; i.e. "will be
an updated" should be "will be an update".

Old 06-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Mark Eggers

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:33:31 -0700, Kam Leo wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Kam Leo <kam.leo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Mark Eggers <mdeggers@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> --snip
>>

>>> Also, updates are listed twice when running yum from the command line.
>>> For example:
>>>
>>> ---> Package parted.i686 0:2.3-8.fc15 will be updated
>>> ---> Package parted.i686 0:2.3-9.fc15 will be an updated

-- snip --
> I forgot to mention you have a typo in the second line; i.e. "will be an
> updated" should be "will be an update".

Those lines were copy-pasted from an actual update. Hmm, however a quick
grep through /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/yum*/*.py doesn't show that
phrase. I suspect it's constructed somehow.

Time to read the code.

And yes, I now see that the version number does change. So while verbose
it is correct.

. . . . just my two cents.

/mde/