FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Michael Eager
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

I'm having trouble getting Samba to work on F15, x86_64, samba 3.5.8.

I'm using the same smb.conf file which previously worked without
problem on Fedora 10. I've trimmed it down to bare bones, with no luck.
From a Windows XP machine, I get "<server><share> is not accessible."
with no other information.

I've also tried to access the share from the Linux server and I get
an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED error.

The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
"smbpasswd -e eager".

Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:

# cat smb.conf
[global]
smb ports = 139
workgroup = WORKGROUP
server string = Redwood Samba Server
interfaces = lo p35p1 192.168.20.12/24
# logs split per machine
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
log level = auth:3
# max 50KB per log file, then rotate
max log size = 50
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
passdb backend = tdbsam
restrict anonymous = 0
[eager]
path = /home/eager
valid users = eager

# smbclient -L \redwood
Enter eager's password:
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.8-68.fc15]

Sharename Type Comment
--------- ---- -------
eager Disk
IPC$ IPC IPC Service (Redwood Samba Server)
Anonymous login successful
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.8-68.fc15]

Server Comment
--------- -------
REDWOOD Redwood Samba Server

Workgroup Master
--------- -------
WORKGROUP REDWOOD


# smbclient \redwoodeager
Enter eager's password:
Domain=[WORKGROUP] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.5.8-68.fc15]
smb: > ls
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED listing *

40315 blocks of size 524288. 25663 blocks available

# ls -ld /home/eager
drwxr-xr-x. 32 eager eager 4.0K Jun 3 10:44 /home/eager/

# tail /var/log/samba/log.redwood

[2011/06/03 13:43:47.671649, 3] auth/auth.c:216(check_ntlm_password)
check_ntlm_password: Checking password for unmapped user [WORKGROUP][eager]@[REDWOOD] with the
new password interface
[2011/06/03 13:43:47.671719, 3] auth/auth.c:219(check_ntlm_password)
check_ntlm_password: mapped user is: [REDWOOD][eager]@[REDWOOD]
[2011/06/03 13:43:47.672898, 3] auth/auth.c:265(check_ntlm_password)
check_ntlm_password: sam authentication for user [eager] succeeded
[2011/06/03 13:43:47.672954, 2] auth/auth.c:304(check_ntlm_password)
check_ntlm_password: authentication for user [eager] -> [eager] -> [eager] succeeded
[2011/06/03 13:43:47.676412, 1] smbd/service.c:1070(make_connection_snum)
redwood (::ffff:192.168.20.12) connect to service eager initially as user eager (uid=500,
gid=500) (pid 16324)

--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 08:52 PM
Michael Cronenworth
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

Michael Eager wrote:
> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:

Try adding:

hosts allow = 192.168.1.0/24 127.0.0.1
hosts deny = 0.0.0.0/0

Replace the 192.168.1.0 with your network IP scheme, obviously.
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Gabriel VLASIU
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, Michael Eager wrote:

> Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 13:49:22 -0700
> From: Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com>
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."
> <fedora-list@redhat.com>
> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US;
> rv:1.9.2.17) Gecko/20110428 Fedora/3.1.10-1.fc15 Thunderbird/3.1.10
> X-Spam-Status: No, score=-6.6 required=5.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00,
> FB_WORD1_END_DOLLAR,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED,SPF_PASS autolearn=unavailable
> version=3.2.5
> Subject: Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration
>
> I'm having trouble getting Samba to work on F15, x86_64, samba 3.5.8.
>
> I'm using the same smb.conf file which previously worked without
> problem on Fedora 10. I've trimmed it down to bare bones, with no luck.
> From a Windows XP machine, I get "<server><share> is not accessible."
> with no other information.
>
> I've also tried to access the share from the Linux server and I get
> an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED error.
>
> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>
> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs=on


Gabriel

- --

// Gabriel VLASIU
//
// OpenGPG-KeyID : 0xE684206E
// OpenGPG-Fingerprint: 0C3D 9F8B 725D E243 CB3C 8428 796A DB1F E684 206E
// OpenGPG-URL : http://www.vlasiu.net/public.key


-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (GNU/Linux)

iD4DBQFN6UqLeWrbH+aEIG4RAixkAJ4/nibDA+qxbkBhU2UiN7Db+yVLagCYkV7q
/1Xwa2JAIds7c1X5wWQTfQ==
=FqKJ
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Tim Evans
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

On 06/03/2011 04:49 PM, Michael Eager wrote:

> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>
> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
>

I had to create users with 'pdbedit' as that's now, I think, the default
datastore for samba, rather than the older smbpasswd.

--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc. | 5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting | Owings Mills, MD 21117
http://www.tkevans.com/ | 443-394-3864
http://www.come-here.com/News/ | tkevans@tkevans.com
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Tim Evans
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

On 06/03/2011 04:49 PM, Michael Eager wrote:

> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>
> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
>

I had to create users with 'pdbedit' as that's now, I think, the default
datastore for samba, rather than the older smbpasswd.

--
Tim Evans, TKEvans.com, Inc. | 5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting | Owings Mills, MD 21117
http://www.tkevans.com/ | 443-394-3864
http://www.come-here.com/News/ | tkevans@tkevans.com
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 09:20 PM
Michael Eager
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

On 06/03/2011 01:56 PM, Gabriel VLASIU wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, Michael Eager wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 13:49:22 -0700
>> From: Michael Eager<eager@eagercon.com>
>> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."
>> <fedora-list@redhat.com>
>> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US;
>> rv:1.9.2.17) Gecko/20110428 Fedora/3.1.10-1.fc15 Thunderbird/3.1.10
>> X-Spam-Status: No, score=-6.6 required=5.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00,
>> FB_WORD1_END_DOLLAR,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED,SPF_PASS autolearn=unavailable
>> version=3.2.5
>> Subject: Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting Samba to work on F15, x86_64, samba 3.5.8.
>>
>> I'm using the same smb.conf file which previously worked without
>> problem on Fedora 10. I've trimmed it down to bare bones, with no luck.
>> From a Windows XP machine, I get "<server><share> is not accessible."
>> with no other information.
>>
>> I've also tried to access the share from the Linux server and I get
>> an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED error.
>>
>> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
>> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>>
>> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
> setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs=on

I turned off selinux and was able to connect, both from Linux and
Windows. (I thought I had disabled it when I installed F15.)

I'll turn selinux back on and will give this a try.


--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 10:55 PM
Michael Eager
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

On 06/03/2011 01:56 PM, Gabriel VLASIU wrote:
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
>
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011, Michael Eager wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 13:49:22 -0700
>> From: Michael Eager<eager@eagercon.com>
>> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora."
>> <fedora-list@redhat.com>
>> User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US;
>> rv:1.9.2.17) Gecko/20110428 Fedora/3.1.10-1.fc15 Thunderbird/3.1.10
>> X-Spam-Status: No, score=-6.6 required=5.0 tests=AWL,BAYES_00,
>> FB_WORD1_END_DOLLAR,RCVD_IN_DNSWL_MED,SPF_PASS autolearn=unavailable
>> version=3.2.5
>> Subject: Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration
>>
>> I'm having trouble getting Samba to work on F15, x86_64, samba 3.5.8.
>>
>> I'm using the same smb.conf file which previously worked without
>> problem on Fedora 10. I've trimmed it down to bare bones, with no luck.
>> From a Windows XP machine, I get "<server><share> is not accessible."
>> with no other information.
>>
>> I've also tried to access the share from the Linux server and I get
>> an NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED error.
>>
>> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
>> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>>
>> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
> setsebool -P samba_enable_home_dirs=on

Yes, that fixed the problem.


--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Michael Eager
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

On 06/03/2011 02:15 PM, Tim Evans wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 04:49 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
>
>> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
>> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>>
>> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
>>
>
> I had to create users with 'pdbedit' as that's now, I think, the default datastore for samba, rather
> than the older smbpasswd.

It looks like entries created with smbpasswd are known by pdbedit:

# pdbedit -L
eager:500:Michael Eager

--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Michael Eager
 
Default Fedora 15 -- Samba configuration

On 06/03/2011 02:15 PM, Tim Evans wrote:
> On 06/03/2011 04:49 PM, Michael Eager wrote:
>
>> The user name is "eager" and I have run "smbpasswd -a eager" and
>> "smbpasswd -e eager".
>>
>> Any suggestions? Here's the configuration info:
>>
>
> I had to create users with 'pdbedit' as that's now, I think, the default datastore for samba, rather
> than the older smbpasswd.

It looks like entries created with smbpasswd are known by pdbedit:

# pdbedit -L
eager:500:Michael Eager

--
Michael Eager eager@eagercon.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:25 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org