Old 06-02-2011, 04:24 PM
GeeKer Wang

Default Where is the initramfs?

Hello guys,
*** After preupgrading from fc14 to fc15, the kernel-fc15 was not installed. So I fail to boot my upgraded fedora. When I extract kernel-2.6.38.6-27.fc15.i686.rpm manually, I found that there is no* initramfs-2.6.38.6-27.fc15.i686.img in the RPM archieve.

** I tried to create an initramfs file by dracut using livecd:
******* mount /media/FEDORA /dev/sda6** # the disk where I installed fedora
******* ln -s /media/FEDORA/lib/modules/2.6.38.6-27.fc15.i686/ /lib/modules/2.6.38.6-27.fc15.i686

******* dracut initramfs.img 2.6.38.6-27.fc15.i686
* When I used the manully created initramfs.img to boot my system, it complained "modprobe FATAL could not load /lib/modules/2.6.38.6-27.fc15.i686/modules.dep". Actually, modules.dep file doesn't exist in kernel RPM archieve.

* So how can I install kernel manually? How to create a initramfs properly?
* Thanks, any advices will be appreciated!
--
Bob