Old 06-02-2011, 01:56 AM
david grant

Default F15, Gnome 3 and Mouse Pointer Size

Is there a way of increasing the pointer size, an option that is in
Gnome2? I have googled away but cannot find any reference to such an
option. Either I have missed something simple or the option has been
removed.

David

Old 06-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Sam Sharpe

On 2 June 2011 02:56, david grant <dg@david-grant.com> wrote:
> Is there a way of increasing the pointer size, an option that is in
> Gnome2? I have googled away but cannot find any reference to such an
> option. *Either I have missed something simple or the option has been
> removed.

Have you investigated gnome-tweak-tool? - I believe it can change the
cursor theme

# yum install gnome-tweak-tool

Applications -> Accessories -> Tweak Advanced Settings -> Interface ->
Cursor Theme

Of course you will need to find a cursor theme with a larger cursor though!

--
Sam

Old 06-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Joachim Backes

Is there a way of increasing the pointer size, an option that is in
Gnome2? I have googled away but cannot find any reference to such an
option. Either I have missed something simple or the option has been
removed.

Have you investigated gnome-tweak-tool? - I believe it can change the
cursor theme

# yum install gnome-tweak-tool

Applications -> Accessories -> Tweak Advanced Settings -> Interface ->
Cursor Theme

Of course you will need to find a cursor theme with a larger cursor though!

Hi Sam,

did you really mean "gnome-tweak-tool"? It has no such menus as you
described. The submenus I found were: Fonts, File Manager, Interface,
Shell and Windows :-)

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 06-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Sam Sharpe

On 5 June 2011 10:27, Joachim Backes <joachim.backes@rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:
> On 06/05/2011 10:38 AM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> On 2 June 2011 02:56, david grant<dg@david-grant.com> *wrote:
>>>
>>> Is there a way of increasing the pointer size, an option that is in
>>> Gnome2? I have googled away but cannot find any reference to such an
>>> option. *Either I have missed something simple or the option has been
>>> removed.
>>
>> Have you investigated gnome-tweak-tool? - I believe it can change the
>> cursor theme
>>
>> # yum install gnome-tweak-tool
>>
>> Applications -> *Accessories -> *Tweak Advanced Settings -> *Interface ->
>> Cursor Theme
>>
>> Of course you will need to find a cursor theme with a larger cursor
>> though!
>>

> Hi Sam,
>
> did you really mean "gnome-tweak-tool"? It has no such menus as you
> described. The submenus I found were: Fonts, File Manager, Interface, Shell
> and Windows :-)

Well, I could have been more clear... I was using shorthand for
everything from the Gnome-Shell to the correct tab in
gnome-tweak-tool.

From Gnome, you find the tool with "Applications -> Accessories ->
Tweak Advanced Settings", then once you are in, you navigate to
"Interface -> Cursor Theme"

--
Sam