Old 06-01-2011, 05:55 PM
"Mark C. Allman"

Default Logwatch question on Fedora 15

On earlier Fedora releases if I typed "logwatch --logfile maillog" then
logwatch would only look at the log file group "maillog." I just
updated to F15 over the weekend and now the switch doesn't seem to work.
On F15 I get a full logwatch output if I type the above command. Can
someone check this and reply if they're also seeing this? I googled
around and didn't find anything. From the man page it still looks like
the "--logfile" option should behave as it has in the past.

$ uname -a
Linux fornax 2.6.38.6-27.fc15.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun May 15 17:23:28 UTC 2011
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanks,

--
Mark C. Allman, PMP, CSM