FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-01-2011, 11:51 AM
Bob Goodwin
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On 01/06/11 07:40, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
> Ah Ha!
>
> I see why it didn't work for you earlier.... You commented out *both*
> lines. Only the first line "SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1" should have been
> commented out.
>
> I went through that iteration too.... I should have made sure of
> that...but things were a bit fuzzy while fighting that problem as I was
> also fighting a flaky display panel on another system.
>
>

You are correct sir! I changed that back to only the first commented
and collected two different files from the server.

I thought of that when I did both lines, but had a defeatist
attitude I guess and didn't think anything would fix it ...

Guess I will leave it that way until we hear differently?

Bob


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Bill Davidsen
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

Bob Goodwin wrote:
> On 01/06/11 02:55, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 06/01/2011 02:26 PM, JD wrote:
>>> On 05/31/11 22:59, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>>> F15/64 bit.
>>>>
>>>> Has anyone else tried opening a document in libreoffice when the
>>>> document in on an NFS file system?
>>>>
>>>> It reports that the document is locked by "user unknown" and will offer
>>>> to open the document read-only. It will also fail to save the document
>>>> on the NFS file system.
>>>>
>>>> However, if I run /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice.bin directly,
>>>> it is OK....
>>>>
>>>> Nothing found in bugzilla
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Ed
>>> Hi Ed,
>>> I do not run libreoffice, but I thought you
>>> might check the command in /usr/bin to
>>> see what args it is passing to the script
>>> that starts soffice.bin
>>>
>> Thanks for the suggestion..... Somehow it has something to do with file
>> locking.
>>
>> I edited the /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/soffice script to comment
>> out the line:
>>
>> SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
>>
>> and it now works "properly".
>>
>> Will have to bugzilla it....
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> I can't read text or spreadsheet data from NFS with Libreoffice.
>
> Otherwise NFS is working normally and Libreoffice will work with the
> same files copied to this computer.
>
> I tried setting
>
> SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1
> to
> SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=0
>
>
> It does not help. There seems to be something else going on with
> Libreoffice. This is F-15 32 on a 64 bit computer if that matters
> other than that I am dealing with
> "./usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice."
>
Lack of NFS capability is a problem. I use remote mounted spreadsheets quite a
bit. I also use sshfs mounted directories, will have to check if that works
differently than NFS. For that matter, the critical local stuff goes through
fuse mount and encfs, so I have to check that as well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@tmr.com>
"We have more to fear from the bungling of the incompetent than from
the machinations of the wicked." - from Slashdot
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

>> It does not help. There seems to be something else going on with
>> Libreoffice. This is F-15 32 on a 64 bit computer if that matters
>> other than that I am dealing with
>> "./usr/lib/libreoffice/program/soffice."
>>
> Lack of NFS capability is a problem. I use remote mounted spreadsheets quite a
> bit. I also use sshfs mounted directories, will have to check if that works
> differently than NFS. For that matter, the critical local stuff goes through
> fuse mount and encfs, so I have to check that as well.

I use F15 (64 bit) Libreoffice with NFSv4 constantly, and it works just
fine here...

- Mike
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Ed Greshko
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On 06/02/2011 02:28 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> I use F15 (64 bit) Libreoffice with NFSv4 constantly, and it works just
> fine here...
>

Interesting....

What are the mount options you are using in your fstab? How are you
getting around the problem when NFSv4 mounts don't happen at boot time?
What NFS related services are you starting at boot time?


--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Mike Chambers
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 03:58 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/02/2011 02:28 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> > I use F15 (64 bit) Libreoffice with NFSv4 constantly, and it works just
> > fine here...
> >
>
> Interesting....
>
> What are the mount options you are using in your fstab? How are you
> getting around the problem when NFSv4 mounts don't happen at boot time?
> What NFS related services are you starting at boot time?

I have an nfs mounted server and libreoffice can open anything on it.
(maybe it's not using nfs4? dunno how to tell or not)

My /etc/fstab...

# /etc/fstab
# Created by anaconda on Tue May 24 10:57:21 2011
#
# Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
# See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more
info
#

scooby:/download /home/download nfs defaults
0 0

When I do a fresh install I run this command..

systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

Just defaults for nfs services at boot.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Ed Greshko
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On 06/02/2011 05:25 AM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 03:58 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 06/02/2011 02:28 AM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
>>> I use F15 (64 bit) Libreoffice with NFSv4 constantly, and it works just
>>> fine here...
>>>
>> Interesting....
>>
>> What are the mount options you are using in your fstab? How are you
>> getting around the problem when NFSv4 mounts don't happen at boot time?
>> What NFS related services are you starting at boot time?
> I have an nfs mounted server and libreoffice can open anything on it.
> (maybe it's not using nfs4? dunno how to tell or not)

Seems you are using V3.

You can verify this by doing a "df -T" The difference will be nfs
v.s. nfs4.


> My /etc/fstab...
>
> # /etc/fstab
> # Created by anaconda on Tue May 24 10:57:21 2011
> #
> # Accessible filesystems, by reference, are maintained under '/dev/disk'
> # See man pages fstab(5), findfs(8), mount(8) and/or blkid(8) for more
> info
> #
>
> scooby:/download /home/download nfs defaults
> 0 0
>
> When I do a fresh install I run this command..
>
> systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service
>
> Just defaults for nfs services at boot.
>

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Mike Chambers
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 05:50 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:

>
> Seems you are using V3.
>
> You can verify this by doing a "df -T" The difference will be nfs
> v.s. nfs4.

[mike@scrappy ~]$ df -T
Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on

scooby:/download/
nfs4 473086464 108070400 340596736 25% /home/download


--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Ed Greshko
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On 06/02/2011 06:11 PM, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-06-02 at 05:50 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>
>> Seems you are using V3.
>>
>> You can verify this by doing a "df -T" The difference will be nfs
>> v.s. nfs4.
> [mike@scrappy ~]$ df -T
> Filesystem Type 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
>
> scooby:/download/
> nfs4 473086464 108070400 340596736 25% /home/download
>
>

Well..... Lucky you... :-)

I've got 3 systems here that were "broken" and I've done a google search
and found that others have had problems.

I suppose if I had more time I'd try to track down the
differences....But, I'd need to find a way to make it work without the
mods I mentioned.

Oh, well....

--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 AM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On 06/01/2011 03:58 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> I use F15 (64 bit) Libreoffice with NFSv4 constantly, and it works just
>> fine here...
>
> What are the mount options you are using in your fstab? How are you
> getting around the problem when NFSv4 mounts don't happen at boot time?
> What NFS related services are you starting at boot time?

Nothing special in the client fstab:

192.168.0.3:/ /fileserver nfs4 intr,suid,dev,soft,bg,exec 0 0

On the server I have this in /etc/exports:

/fileserver *(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohi de,fsid=0)


There is a 10-20 second delay when booting the clients while systemd
waits for /fileserver to mount, but other than that, it "just works".

- Mike
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 06-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Ed Greshko
 
Default libreoffice and NFS

On 06/02/2011 07:57 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> On 06/01/2011 03:58 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
>>> I use F15 (64 bit) Libreoffice with NFSv4 constantly, and it works just
>>> fine here...
>> What are the mount options you are using in your fstab? How are you
>> getting around the problem when NFSv4 mounts don't happen at boot time?
>> What NFS related services are you starting at boot time?
> Nothing special in the client fstab:
>
> 192.168.0.3:/ /fileserver nfs4 intr,suid,dev,soft,bg,exec 0 0
>
> On the server I have this in /etc/exports:
>
> /fileserver *(rw,insecure,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check,nohi de,fsid=0)
>
>
> There is a 10-20 second delay when booting the clients while systemd
> waits for /fileserver to mount, but other than that, it "just works".
>
>

Another lucky individual....

At least for those who are not so lucky, there is a "fix".



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:51 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org