Old 06-01-2011, 12:50 AM
JD

Default Question about restarting firefox after installing add-ons

Usually I have 6 or more FF windows, each in it's own workspace.
When I install add-on and restart FF, the windows are not automatically
placed in the same workspace they were in. They are all placed
in the same workspace I happen to be in when I let the add-ons
screen restart FF.
Is this something that FF can be enhanced to accomplish?
(Hoping there are FF devs on this list).

Cheers,

JD

Old 06-01-2011, 06:38 AM
Hiisi

On 1 June 2011 04:50, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
> Usually I have 6 or more FF windows, each in it's own workspace.
> When I install add-on and restart FF, the windows are not automatically
> placed in the same workspace they were in. They are all placed
> in the same workspace I happen to be in when I let the add-ons
> screen restart FF.
> Is this something that FF can be enhanced to accomplish?
> (Hoping there are FF devs on this list).
>
> Cheers,
>
> JD

Is it F15 or any other prior release?
--
Hiisi

Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 AM
JD

On 05/31/11 23:38, Hiisi wrote:
> On 1 June 2011 04:50, JD<jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Usually I have 6 or more FF windows, each in it's own workspace.
>> When I install add-on and restart FF, the windows are not automatically
>> placed in the same workspace they were in. They are all placed
>> in the same workspace I happen to be in when I let the add-ons
>> screen restart FF.
>> Is this something that FF can be enhanced to accomplish?
>> (Hoping there are FF devs on this list).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> JD
>>
> Is it F15 or any other prior release?
> --
> Hiisi
It is firefox-3.6.17-1.fc14.i686

Old 06-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Hiisi

On 1 June 2011 10:53, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/31/11 23:38, Hiisi wrote:
<--SNIP-->
> It is firefox-3.6.17-1.fc14.i686

Just tested it. Works like a charm! Every window restores in it's
previous location (i.e. on the same workspace it was before firefox
closed).
firefox-4.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64
Maybe it's not fedora but firefox itself? You could try this on FF4.
For example you may use binary provided by mozilla or configure remi
repository.
HTH
--
Hiisi

Old 06-01-2011, 07:11 AM
Ed Greshko

On 06/01/2011 03:07 PM, Hiisi wrote:
> Just tested it. Works like a charm! Every window restores in it's
> previous location (i.e. on the same workspace it was before firefox
> closed).
> firefox-4.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64

Funny, I just tested it here.... also firefox-4.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64 and
KDE and multiple FF windows on different workspaces end up on the same
workspace after an extension install and clicking the restart button.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:29 AM
Hiisi

On 1 June 2011 11:11, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@greshko.com> wrote:
<--SNIP-->

> Funny, I just tested it here.... *also firefox-4.0.1-2.fc15.x86_64 and
> KDE and multiple FF windows on different workspaces end up on the same
> workspace after an extension install and clicking the restart button.

Forgot to add. Mine is F15 Gnome3.
--
Hiisi