Old 05-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Jatin K

Default how to regenerate/create /etc/securetty file if deleted ???

Dear all

by mistake I've deleted a file securetty from /etc directory :-(

how do I regenerate that file again

I've tried rpm -ivh --force setup-2.*

but problem is not solved

any help is appreciated

Thanks

/(_)
^ ^ Jatin Khatri
Registerd Linux user No #501175
www.counter.li.org
No M$

Old 05-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Ed Greshko

On 05/31/2011 10:59 PM, Jatin K wrote:
> Dear all
>
> by mistake I've deleted a file securetty from /etc directory :-(
>

> how do I regenerate that file again
>
> I've tried rpm -ivh --force setup-2.*
>
> but problem is not solved
>

> any help is appreciated

One way to do this is to use rpm2cpio and pipe the output to cpio to
extract /etc/securetty and replace it.

FWIW, unless you altered it, it is simply a text file with the following
contents.

console
vc/1
vc/2