Old 05-31-2011, 02:04 PM
Rich Mahn

Default Multicast Routing on Fedora 15

I'm using F-15 as a router/firewall for my home network. I'm running
PPPoE through the ADSL modem on a dedicated ethernet port. The other
ethernet port connects to ae hub which connects the the rest of the
home network. With a single fixed routable IP address, all the home
network is routed using NAT. Everything works great except that I'm
not yet handling Multicast.

What software is available for F-15 to handle the IGMP, multi-cast
routing, etc?

If I understand correctly, the usual iptables and ipconfig options are
not sufficient--I need something more. Google tells me about mrouted
and pimd as possiblities, but I don't see either of them in Fedora
repositories.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Rich Mahn