Old 05-31-2011, 05:44 AM
JD

Default Unable to copy my Kodak Cam Photos

I can view the list of photos in my Kodak Camera in
/sdb3/home/jd/.gvfs/gphoto2 mount on
usb%3A003,008/store_00010001/DCIM/100V1253

I used shotwell (shotwell-0.8.1-3.fc14.i686)
to import all of them.

I already had 2 large directories of photos in ~/Pictures/2011 and in
~/Pictures/2010

However, as soon as I started to import the photos, shotwell destroyed the
directory contents of ~/Pictures/2011 and in ~/Pictures/2010

Users beware! This software does and will destroy your collection too!

Old 05-31-2011, 06:08 AM
JD

On 05/30/11 22:44, JD wrote:
> I can view the list of photos in my Kodak Camera in
> /sdb3/home/jd/.gvfs/gphoto2 mount on
> usb%3A003,008/store_00010001/DCIM/100V1253
>
> I used shotwell (shotwell-0.8.1-3.fc14.i686)
> to import all of them.
>
> I already had 2 large directories of photos in ~/Pictures/2011 and in
> ~/Pictures/2010
>
> However, as soon as I started to import the photos, shotwell destroyed
> the
> directory contents of ~/Pictures/2011 and in ~/Pictures/2010
>
> Users beware! This software does and will destroy your collection too!

Sorry for the false alarm.
I had forgotten that I had moved those 2 directories
to a different location, so when I did not see my collection
there, I thought shotwell clobbered them all.
Apologies to the shotwell developers.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:13 AM
Ed Greshko

On 05/31/2011 02:08 PM, JD wrote:
> Sorry for the false alarm.
> I had forgotten that I had moved those 2 directories
> to a different location, so when I did not see my collection
> there, I thought shotwell clobbered them all.
> Apologies to the shotwell developers

This was test of the emergency broadcast system. Had there been an
actual emergency you would have been instructed where to go for
additional information.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 AM
JD

On 05/30/11 23:13, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/31/2011 02:08 PM, JD wrote:
>> Sorry for the false alarm.
>> I had forgotten that I had moved those 2 directories
>> to a different location, so when I did not see my collection
>> there, I thought shotwell clobbered them all.
>> Apologies to the shotwell developers
> This was test of the emergency broadcast system. Had there been an
> actual emergency you would have been instructed where to go for
> additional information.
Shopping for new ram