-   -   Amazing New Tetris(R) Game For Fedora! (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/532778-amazing-new-tetris-r-game-fedora.html)

Jesse Palser 05-31-2011 01:46 AM

Amazing New Tetris(R) Game For Fedora!

Hi,

My team and I are working on an
open-source cross-platform multi-player
Tetris(R) game called:
"TetriCrisis 3 100% C.P.U."...

Was hoping some people can
help test it on their Fedora systems?

Game requires the following:
- SDL 1.2
- SDL_Image
- SDL_Mixer
- SDL_TTF
- G++
- OpenGL(R) w/ hardware acceleration

You can download the current Beta 5 for Linux here:
http://16bitsoft.com/files/TC3100CPU/Linux/tc3.5-linux_beta5.zip

The download includes a makefile to build on any 32bit/64bit Linux.

Thanks!

Jesse "JeZ+Lee" Palser
JessePalser@GMail.com
16BitSoft
Video Game Design Studio
www.16BitSoft.com

Richard Shaw 05-31-2011 02:07 PM

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 8:46 PM, Jesse Palser <SLNTHERO@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My team and I are working on an
> open-source cross-platform multi-player
> Tetris(R) game called:
> "TetriCrisis 3 100% C.P.U."...
>
> Was hoping some people can
> help test it on their Fedora systems?

If you're expecting people to compile a program in order to run it
then the announcement probably belongs on the -test list if not
-devel...

If you would like broader testing then it would be better to provide
an RPM package and I've done most of the work for you :) See the links
at the bottom...

But there's some things you'll need to fix:
1. I put the bin in /usr/bin and the data in /usr/share/TetriCrisis/
which I'm pretty sure it will not find. You'll need to add the ability
to set the latter in your makefile.
2. A "make install" target would be nice but I've got it manually
installing for now.
3. It would probably be better to change the name of your source to
something more linux/Fedora compliant like: TetriCrisis-3.5... "tc" is
a little to generic. Also it might be better to provide it as a
.tar.gz instead of .zip.
4. You'll need to add some standard documentation including maybe a
LICENSE file? I didn't check to code for the type of license you're
using so I left it as "Public Domain" in the spec file which you'll
need to update.

That's all I can think of right now. If you'd like my help in creating
a package email me off list as this discussions not really appropriate
for this list.

Thanks,
Richard

http://hobbes.dvrdns.org/packages/TetriCrisis.spec