Old 05-31-2011, 01:12 AM
H Xu

Default Unable to disable sshd by "setup"?

Hello,

I've used the "setup" program to uncheck "sshd", however, sshd still
starts up after I reboot. This doesn't happen on FC14. Then I tried to
use setup to disable other daemons, it seems that they all disobeyed.
Anyone knows what's going on here? Thanks.

Regards,
H Xu
05/31/2011

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 05/31/2011 06:42 AM, H Xu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've used the "setup" program to uncheck "sshd", however, sshd still
> starts up after I reboot. This doesn't happen on FC14. Then I tried to
> use setup to disable other daemons, it seems that they all disobeyed.
> Anyone knows what's going on here? Thanks.
What's the output of

$ chkconfig --list sshd

Have you tried running

# chkconfig sshd off

Rahul

Old 05-31-2011, 01:27 AM
suvayu ali

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/31/2011 06:42 AM, H Xu wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've used the "setup" program to uncheck "sshd", however, sshd still
>> starts up after I reboot. This doesn't happen on FC14. Then I tried to
>> use setup to disable other daemons, it seems that they all disobeyed.
>> Anyone knows what's going on here? Thanks.
> What's the output of
>
> $ chkconfig --list sshd
>
> Have you tried running
>
> # chkconfig sshd off

Maybe the program "setup" the OP is talking about doesn't work with systemd?

--
Suvayu