Old 05-30-2011, 11:05 PM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

Default Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! WHY BOTHER?

On 30/05/11 09:11, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:

> To anyone trying to upgrade from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15, DON'T EVEN
> TRY!!! I've just tried and have had numerous problems, finally resulting
> in being unable to boot up any kernel version at all, using inittab mode
> 1,3, or 5. In view of this it appears I will have to reinstall Fedora 14.
>
> cpp4ever

I will be going down the path of doing a fresh install of Fedora 15,
after doing a backup. This will take longer, so be it. It appears to me
that you are all passionate about Linux/Fedora, but comments like,
Troll, FUD, Hysteria, etc, in response to others problems does not IMO
encourage others to try Linux/Fedora. Certainly, I'll be more reluctant
to post problems here if that's the type of response I can expect. Let
alone try to encourage others to try Fedora/Linux. An end to this
problem and the IMO somewhat disappointing response folks can expect here.

Regards, and Amen to this

cpp4ever

Old 05-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Joe Zeff

On 05/30/2011 04:05 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> Certainly, I'll be more reluctant
> to post problems here if that's the type of response I can expect.

And besides, the grapes are probably sour anyway.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:37 PM
john wendel

On 05/30/2011 04:05 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> On 30/05/11 09:11, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>>
>> To anyone trying to upgrade from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15, DON'T EVEN
>> TRY!!! I've just tried and have had numerous problems, finally resulting
>> in being unable to boot up any kernel version at all, using inittab mode
>> 1,3, or 5. In view of this it appears I will have to reinstall Fedora 14.
>>
>> cpp4ever
>>

> I will be going down the path of doing a fresh install of Fedora 15,
> after doing a backup. This will take longer, so be it. It appears to me
> that you are all passionate about Linux/Fedora, but comments like,
> Troll, FUD, Hysteria, etc, in response to others problems does not IMO
> encourage others to try Linux/Fedora. Certainly, I'll be more reluctant
> to post problems here if that's the type of response I can expect. Let
> alone try to encourage others to try Fedora/Linux. An end to this
> problem and the IMO somewhat disappointing response folks can expect here.
>
> Regards, and Amen to this
>
> cpp4ever

Just to add my (worthless) 2 cents, my F14 to F15 "upgrade" left me with
broken ATI video (black screen), using the open source driver. Doing a
fresh install, from the live cd fixed the problem.

Regards,

John