Old 05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default No ethernet connection Solved -

On 30/05/11 08:22, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 30/05/11 13:19, Rick Sewill wrote:
> <snip>

After re-installing F-15 and losing all my earlier configuration
work I still had no ethernet connection! The reason was that,
for reasons I don't recall, I had enabled the main board
ethernet port in the BIOS set-up. I disabled that and the
gigabit NIC I normally use worked again.

I've spent this afternoon installing applications and
configuring things as I want them and so far everything works
better than before. I now get a smooth text boot with no pauses.
Once I finish setting up that computer I will install F15 on
this one. I always use XFCE so the Gnome changes don't affect me.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Old 05-31-2011, 07:31 AM
Frank Murphy