Old 05-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default f15+Gnome3: how to put on desktop an applet for see cpu and network usage

On 05/27/2011 06:13 PM, Dario Lesca wrote:
> Hi, on my f14 I had place on my panel the system monitor, witch show me
> the CPU and network usage.
>
> How to do that into F15+Gnome3?
>
> Many thanks.

You can use a extension

http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/system-monitor-extension-puts-ram-swap.html

Rahul

Old 05-31-2011, 12:20 PM
Dario Lesca

Il giorno mar, 31/05/2011 alle 03.09 +0530, Rahul Sundaram ha scritto:
> You can use a extension
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/system-monitor-extension-puts-ram-swap.html

Thanks Rahul, this is more than nothing ....

Bui I'm looking for, if exist, something to put on desktop,
or into a lateral panel, like Gnome2 do (see image)....

Before jump to f15+gnome3 I want to set up a desktop
like my old desktop on f14+gnome2

Have notice how to create some tray to insert more launcher ?

Thanks

--
Dario Lesca <d.lesca@solinos.it>

Old 05-31-2011, 01:44 PM
Hiisi

On 31 May 2011 16:20, Dario Lesca <d.lesca@solinos.it> wrote:
<--SNIP-->
> Bui I'm looking for, if exist, something to put on desktop,
> or into a lateral panel, like Gnome2 do (see image)....

I wonder whether conky works under gnome3? Have anyone tested?
--
Hiisi

Old 08-14-2011, 08:43 PM
"Gregory P. Ennis"

giorno mar, 31/05/2011 alle 03.09 +0530, Rahul Sundaram ha scritto:
> You can use a extension
>
> http://www.webupd8.org/2011/05/system-monitor-extension-puts-ram-swap.html

Thanks Rahul, this is more than nothing ....

Bui I'm looking for, if exist, something to put on desktop,
or into a lateral panel, like Gnome2 do (see image)....

Before jump to f15+gnome3 I want to set up a desktop
like my old desktop on f14+gnome2

Have notice how to create some tray to insert more launcher ?

Thanks

Dario,

Did you figure out how to create a launcher on the desktop or lateral
panel. I am looking too.

Greg

Old 08-15-2011, 04:08 AM
Mark Eggers

On Fri, 27 May 2011 14:43:49 +0200, Dario Lesca wrote:

> Hi, on my f14 I had place on my panel the system monitor, witch show me
> the CPU and network usage.
>
> How to do that into F15+Gnome3?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> Dario Lesca <d.lesca@solinos.it>

If you're not married to the idea of an applet, I find that gkrellm works
well.

Once you launch it, you can alt-right-mouse and select Always on Visible
Workspace.

I watch CPU, processes, disk I/O, network I/O, memory/swap, GPU
temperature, and new mail. I could watch a lot more (gkrellm is highly
configurable).

. . . . just my two cents.
/mde/